Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Corvette Challenge Cars... anyone still interested??

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 02:55 PM
Toddindy
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brett Richmond
Well after being gone from this place for almost 2 years, time to get back into this hobby that took so much of my time over the years.

With that being said and talking to a very good friend of mine over the last couple of days who has had as much time involved in gathering this info as I did, it has been decided that I will offer up all the Corvette Challenge Data for basically free (will cost you about $10 for materials and shipping).

The data that you will receive will be all VIN numbers from 88, 89 and 90 World Challenge Series, build sheets for all these cars and specific details about each car for the 88 and 89 series. This information has been gathered by a group of people that have been wanting this information to go public for a few years and after speaking with them, their wishes will be granted.....

FREE INFORMATION FOR ALL WHO WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Except shipping of course)
I know this is a very old post but I recently purchased a Challenge car and would like to purchase the information package you mention.
please direct message me or send me an email if the information is still available.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
thank you.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:10 PM
Toddindy
5th Gear

I recently purchased an 89 Challenge and would like to purchase one of these information packages. I'm not sure how to send a private message to Brett Richmond. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Please send me a private message or email.
Thank you
Old 11-09-2020, 11:51 PM
tumbler33
Cruising

Originally Posted by Toddindy
I recently purchased an 89 Challenge and would like to purchase one of these information packages. I'm not sure how to send a private message to Brett Richmond. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Please send me a private message or email.
Thank you
Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I as well would like to reach out to Brett Richmond if possible. If anyone could PM me with his contact info that would be great.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:51 AM
SuperL98
Drifting

Received 377 Likes on 254 Posts

He just replied to a thread a few days ago, try sending him a PM?

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...race-cars.html

Originally Posted by Brett Richmond
Someone mentioned this article that was so well written about Tommy Morrison.... I just happen to co-write that particular article. LOL
What information are we looking for?
Old 11-10-2020, 12:50 PM
Brett Richmond
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice to see that this thread is back from the dead and that these cars are still of interest to a few new people....
Old 11-10-2020, 02:05 PM
tumbler33
Cruising

I dug this old thread up because I thought I had found an amazing deal on an '88 challenge car out in West TX. After further research and confirming build sheets with the archivist at the National Corvette Museum, it looks as though the car & title(VIN #1G1YY2180J5102746) has parts from...#99 Johnny Rutherford's car?? (VIN #1G1YY2188J5113428).

I would have bought the car had it not been for once confirming the correct "BP9" code on the RPO sticker that I noticed the VIN's on the sticker and title did not match.

From photos it looks to have the correct roll cage, fire suppression system and color(yellow). You could even see the old outline of "Young Chevrolet" on the hood.

The NCM archivist confirmed the RPO sticker was for a Yellow '88 Challenge Car and the other vin was for just a normal blue car.

The seller is a small time dealer who I believe was not intentionally trying to pull a fast one on me but just ended up with this vehicle in a trade and represented it as "possibly" having race history.

Anyway, I had my hopes up I found a long lost challenge car but nevertheless, there's a possibility there are some original challenge parts on this car. Don't know if that makes it more valuable or less valuable than any other '88 C4.

Last edited by tumbler33; 11-10-2020 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-10-2020, 04:18 PM
Fiberbundle
Burning Brakes

Received 340 Likes on 263 Posts

I think that car may have been discussed in a post not too long ago here on the forum. IIRC the post indicated that there were some parts from Johnny Rutherford’s car or that it was in some way rebuilt from parts. Try a couple of searches on the forum. I know this was less than a couple of years ago and also in Texas.

Just found the post. It was listed under the cars for sale section by “Super Chevy” back in 2018. Search “challenge” in the titles only under C4 for sale and you will see two different threads for the car.

Last edited by Fiberbundle; 11-10-2020 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-10-2020, 04:35 PM
tumbler33
Cruising

Originally Posted by Fiberbundle
I think that car may have been discussed in a post not too long ago here on the forum. IIRC the post indicated that there were some parts from Johnny Rutherford’s car or that it was in some way rebuilt from parts. Try a couple of searches on the forum. I know this was less than a couple of years ago and also in Texas.

Just found the post. It was listed under the cars for sale section by “Super Chevy” back in 2018. Search “challenge” in the titles only under C4 for sale and you will see two different threads for the car.
Thank you very much, I found the thread.

Does anyone have an idea what kind of value a frankenstein Challenge Car would have? Negligible over another modified '88 4+3?

I would be interested in hearing about that awful wreck that was described to be the end of the original car just for curiosity sake.

Quick Reply: Corvette Challenge Cars... anyone still interested??