Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Just had a funny "Ricer" moment...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 03:20 AM
John Row
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Just had a funny "Ricer" moment...

I'm working late, 10:45pm (database crash and recovery, don't ask) and we decide we need a caffine hit. We climbed into my Vette and head down the road. This road is very isolated and twisty (great fun with noone in front of you), and dark.

As we approach this straight section I see in the distance about 200+ double parked cars along my side of the road and the other side is empty. My first thought was WOW what kind of accident at this time of night would back up 200 cars! Then I hear the unmistakeable sewing machine whine, backfires and see the blue frame lights of the rice.

When I come to work, the begining straight stretch has loads of tire marks, every morning! I knew there was some racing going on there. The volume astonished me. I couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes.

They were all lined up 2-by-2 waiting for their turn to burn their tires. As we drove by we were greeted with a bunch of waves, cheers and cat calls. I wish I'd had the P-Es wide open :D .

Looks like a pretty well established race track. They even had 2 guys directing traffic and a starter. The cops must know they are there, but leave them alone as it's in an industrial park with almost 0 traffic at night (except for DBAs trying to recover databases :cuss ).

[Modified by John Row, 1:23 AM 6/10/2002]
Old 06-10-2002, 03:52 AM
Raysur
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Just had a funny "Ricer" moment... (John Row)

Why do ricers get fined for racing? Even on a long stretch they are lucky to reach the speed limit:D.

There is a guy that owns a big motorcycle store close by the beach (I forgot the name of the store). He had lines painted on the street behind his shop that marks a 1/4mile. It's an industrial park but the street are empty 24-7. I heard he is very willing to race:jester.

Quick Reply: Just had a funny "Ricer" moment...