C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Battery Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 03:48 PM
95VetteMan1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Battery Question

I have a 1995 Corvette Coupe LT1 motor. My question is My battery went dead turns out to be cell was bad. Then I purchased another one for a week or so it was fine....then I try to crank it up and I had problems with it. It was dead..is there something draining my battery?
Old 11-05-2012, 04:08 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,271 Likes on 2,032 Posts

Originally Posted by 95VetteMan1
I have a 1995 Corvette Coupe LT1 motor. My question is My battery went dead turns out to be cell was bad. Then I purchased another one for a week or so it was fine....then I try to crank it up and I had problems with it. It was dead..is there something draining my battery?
Sure sounds like you need to check the complete electrical system. How old is the NOW dead battery? How much after-market equipment is in the car? It sounds like you might need to become familiar with "Parasitic draw"! Google that and educate yourself and then ask questions.

The procedure is quite simple but the "repair" sometimes isn't a very pleasant chore. Requires "patience"!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:38 PM
markKlein
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 91 Posts

Look at the car at night (lights off) and see if you can find any light coming from the car. Maybe under the hood, the console, interior lights, sun visors.

Get notified of new replies

To Battery Question

Quick Reply: Battery Question