C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Paint Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 08:29 PM
oifcombatvet
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Questions

Black 1989 Corvette the passenger rear quarter panel has some large 1"-2" diameter bubbles. Approximately 3-4 of them. The rest of the car's paint is in pretty good shape but the spot I described is the worst. I am planning on having a shop do the work and I am wondering if anybody could throw some prices out there on what to expect before I bring it in for them to look at it.

OR, if there are any Corvette fanatics around the upstate SC or Charlotte metro area that can do the work, let me know.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:09 PM
blr33439
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the last painter didn't do good prep work. I would expect $1000 plus for a good job. It will be a complete repaint of the damaged section to do it right.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:18 PM
rithsleeper
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

sounds like moisture. get a little bit and it evaporates and forms the bubble. its a repaint but the prepping isn't hard. I can repaint a hood if no chips or anything in a day all the way to clear coat. Then clear sand next day, so you might just be able to repaint sections if paint is still newer and get color matched. Doing prep work like removing lights and stuff you should be able to get a whole car painted (outside only) for under a grand and it be a good solid durable job. Then add extra prep stuff for cracks dents from there.

Get notified of new replies

To Paint Questions

Quick Reply: Paint Questions