C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

New Door Panels

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 11:47 PM
black-93-coupe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Door Panels

Just received my new door panels. Ordered them from Willcox when they had their sale a few weeks ago. These panels look sweet!! They were manufactured by Corvette America and the first thing I noticed about the construction of these reproduction panels is that they do not have the ribs at the top of the panels. Has anyone else bought new panels??? And how are they holding up?? Will post again after I get them installed.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:54 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by black-93-coupe
Just received my new door panels. Ordered them from Willcox when they had their sale a few weeks ago. These panels look sweet!! They were manufactured by Corvette America and the first thing I noticed about the construction of these reproduction panels is that they do not have the ribs at the top of the panels. Has anyone else bought new panels??? And how are they holding up?? Will post again after I get them installed.
I've installed them...

I didn't have any issues but really it's hard for me to say that since I the company that sold them. It has been a five years since I did the installation and I don't remember having any issues at all with them at all.

I will follow your after installation info so that I may become more informed too..

Willcox
Old 08-29-2012, 06:19 PM
black-93-coupe
Instructor

Got the door panels installed yesterday. Fit like a glove and they look awesome. Only had to drill 2 holes in passenger side where the screws go in the hand hold area. Thanks to Willcox and their 20% off sale for helping me get another project crossed off the list. It's so nice to have door panels that hold at the top and fit tight. The door panels I replaced were original and none of the fixes I found on the forum worked.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:48 PM
mazdaverx7
Le Mans Master

Received 558 Likes on 399 Posts

were you able to get any pics of the panels before and after install?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:00 PM
black-93-coupe
Instructor

Sorry, no pictures. But after a few weeks the panels started coming unattached at the top. Mainly the drivers side panel because drivers door is used the most. Ended up installing the 2 el-brackets on the window felt bolts and the drivers door is real solid. Will put the el-brackets on the passenger door and hopefully all will be ok. Kinda sucks that brand new panels wouldn't stay on at the top but it was an easy fix. GM should have designed the top mount tabs a little taller and there wouldn't be any issues with the door panels staying on. Never had any problems with the door panels on my 95 Z28. Don't know why GM couldn't design the Vette any better. Seems to be a common issue.

Get notified of new replies

To New Door Panels

Quick Reply: New Door Panels