C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Detailing questions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 09:06 PM
toodlz49
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Detailing questions?

Have been watching the Adam's Polishing forum a bit and was wondering what products everyone is using for their rides? The Mother's new water spot remover works great for taking well water spots off windows. Seeing as i have a White car, what products has anyone used to give my color this POP they are talking about? How many times can a car be polished before the paint gets thin using a orbital buffer?
Thanx
Old 07-24-2012, 09:30 PM
RoyC
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know about white, Black is surely the pain in da booty everyone says it is!
I'm most interested in the water spots on glass! please tell more about that, mine seem deep and not responding to home remedies!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:36 PM
toodlz49
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tested this Water Spot remover

After years of trying to sand and polish rainspots off a sunroof of a Kia Sportage, Mother's has come out with a Water Spot remover that really works just by using the product and a microfiber towel. Put the product on the towel and rub the spots and they come off with a little rubbing. I purchased a 3" polisher but have not tried that yet.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:48 PM
trm 84
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use and love the Adam's products, but I have black and gray cars. White cars are a pain to work on as well since it is so hard to see the swirls.

White won't give you that reflection like black will, but when white is smooth and clean it has a nice glow.

It is really the same with all paint colors - polish to smooth out the clear coat, then top that off with your choice of sealant/glaze/wax (any combination that works for you)

Get notified of new replies

To Detailing questions?

Quick Reply: Detailing questions?