C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Bose Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Putter
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bose Radio System

A few years ago, I had the radio gone through and the CD player upgraded so I could burn and play my own CDs. (Doctor Don's)

The results were I could play burned CDs, but the sound still wasn't what I thought it should be.

I have owned the car for 12 years and have thought about replacing the radio on several occasions due to it not really having a good sound.

The radio starting squealing and the sound finally disappeared, altogether.

I asked on the forum and sent out emails. I knew it was not the speaker amps because I have two brand new ones and I tried one of them and it made no difference.

Doctor Don's in Huntsville, Texas came to my rescue. After a few email exchanges, he determined that I neede a Control Data Module replacement.

I sent mine to him, and it diagnosed bad. I received the replacement and the system sounds better than the Bose in my GMC pickup.

I would, also, like to say thank you Paul Colton who was a considerable help to an inferior electronics person such as me.

PS. Anyone needing to know how to remove the CDM from a 1990 Corvette can see it being performed on YouTube. I was amazed at the video. The person doing the removal actually put the camera under the dash and showed you what needs to be removed. The job is time consuming and hard on old guys, but I am happy that I corrected instead of replaced. Again, the sound is awesome.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:53 PM
jim spitzer
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

the cdm box removal is not for older guys. For me that was the best 100.00 for labor I have spent on my 90 vert. thats my car on you tube. the only thing on the video I didnt like was he said someone was into the area before and put the wrong screws in by the fuze panel.

Quick Reply: Bose Radio System