C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Door panel problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 11:08 PM
JDooley
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door panel problem

OK. I have done the search thing and have read all the post but I am still having a problem with my 93 passenger side door panel. I cannot seem to see what the door panel hangs onto at the top of the door. I have done the L bracket but the panel still wants to slip off. The gusset type bracing is not broken so that is not the problem. Can anyone tell me what holds the panel onto the door and does anyone have any other ideas what the problem might be?
Old 07-07-2012, 12:37 AM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

If you place three "L" brackets along the door top and the panel lib slides down over each of them then the panel cannot slip off, unless the panel lip is bending.

If the panel lip is bending, it can be reinforced with some thin Al panel & JB Quick.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:47 AM
mfi
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I went through this and tried a lot of things..finaly shot 2 screws through the top of the panel into the door..kind of hid them under the window wipe..it was a last resort but worked well..these panels warp..try to find the post where he used wire ties to bend and hold the panel in shape..I tried it but it didn't work...
Old 07-07-2012, 10:20 AM
vittal
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem with mine when I got the Vette.

There's how I fixed and after a year it's still holding very well.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1578051927-post55.html

Best of luck to you.

Bye
Old 07-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Old Ben
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 98 Posts
2017 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by mfi
I went through this and tried a lot of things..finaly shot 2 screws through the top of the panel into the door..kind of hid them under the window wipe..it was a last resort but worked well..these panels warp..try to find the post where he used wire ties to bend and hold the panel in shape..I tried it but it didn't work...
I had to do the same. The panels were warped and none of the fixes worked. They need to be replaced but for $900 a pair, I can live with the screws for now.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:10 PM
JDooley
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all of you who replied and made suggestions. I finally fixed the problem today - after about 6 hours of trial and error. I used the L brackets and also used a couple of screws (hidden and inconspicuous). Seems to be holding up well for now. Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To Door panel problem

Quick Reply: Door panel problem