C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Help with Battery charger quick connect attachement please

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 02:42 PM
johnven
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Battery charger quick connect attachement please

Just got the CTEK 3300 battery charger and the comfort indicator eyelet quick connection (one that red, yellow, green lights to show battery status). Can anyone tell me how to hook the eyelets quick connect wire, do you go directly to the terminals? Do you put in on the terminal side bolts direct onto where it threads into battery or take out the bolt and put in on the terminal wires on near the bolt head?? If anyone has pictures it would help. When I did the clamp style hook up in the past , I do put one on Positive and the other to the alternator bracket.

I hear to just hook to terminals for the quick connect eyelets. Any help for the C 5 installation would be nice. Funny how the instructions say nothing on installing the eyelet quick connect.

Thank you in advance everyone. If anyone has pictures that would be great. I know when you jump etc I never hood to neg terminal. but the eyelets are permanent and seem to be made to go right to terminals. Please help, can't wait to just plug in a quick connect.

Also do you just leave in under the hood or would you feed in our the vents or somewhere when charging. My old charger had the normal clamp so I would just leave the hood open.

Thank you for all your help. I'm open to any suggestions.

BTW I called CTEK for which model to get, they said the 3300 is best for corvettes and the 7002 model puts out too much power and is NOT recommended. I was ready to get the 7002 and he advised me not to. This came straight from CTEK's US office. Still scratching my head on that one, but i'm sure the 3300 will be good.

They CTEK reccomend with the eyelets to connect right to the battery. Do you put in on the terminal side bolts direct onto where it threads into battery or take out the bolt and put in on the terminal wires on near the bolt head?? If anyone has pictures it would help.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Aqualoo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could always use the positive post behind the battery and ground it on the frame somewhere. That would probably be the easiest way and the way I'd go. That is, if I'm reading this right.. not familiar with these chargers.

Quick Reply: Help with Battery charger quick connect attachement please