C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Out of town Emergency road service & repair

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 06:44 PM
KYbaldguysC4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Out of town Emergency road service & repair

Several years ago I road with a national motorcycle club that had a service directory with members from all over signed up to help out a out of town person to get reliable honest help if they broke down. I was thinking about this because We are leaving Friday night for the Fort Meyers Fla. area and driving the 87 vert down. My wife is worried what if we have car trouble down there. how would we find a honest repair place that would not rip us off? Do enough of us take our cars on out of state trips where a help board with phone numbers of locals to render aid would be of service? Just some random thoughts

Don in KY
Old 06-12-2012, 07:21 PM
cuengineer
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like a neat idea, particularly considering we are driving 25 yrs old cars, more or less so things can happen, but I do enjoy driving my Vette on day trips or overnight trips. I don't know how difficult it would be to set something like this up and get the listing that you would like. No time before you leave for FL though. In my case, I always carry my basic toolbox. socket set, multimeter, laptop with FSM on it, and cell phone with the AAA number (used once when my A/C clutch bearing messed up and caused my serpentine belt to break).

BTW, years ago I worked at UK and got my Ph.D. there. Went to the NCM in Bowling Green last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, probably even more than going to the Ferrari Museum in Italy last week.

Have a great trip to FL. Hope it won't be TOO hot while you are down there. I plan to drive my '88 to Myrtle Beach next week but that is just a little over 300 miles away.

Quick Reply: Out of town Emergency road service & repair