Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

OMG Mice... Is the answer a Car Capsule?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 08:03 PM
SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
Drifting

Location: Supreme Soviet Peace-Loving Pipple's Kollektive of Seattle Wa
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by H P Bushrod
Get back on topic gentlemen or I'll lock the thread.
??????? a little heavy on the stick.....
Old 04-11-2012, 10:32 PM
gtmick00
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look at this storage bag, I store four cars in the winter, I have had mice issues in storage units, but never in car bag. Car stays dry in non heater storage units also.
www.carbag.com
Old 04-12-2012, 01:29 AM
SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
Drifting

Location: Supreme Soviet Peace-Loving Pipple's Kollektive of Seattle Wa
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gtmick00
Look at this storage bag, I store four cars in the winter, I have had mice issues in storage units, but never in car bag. Car stays dry in non heater storage units also.
www.carbag.com
That's looks pretty neat! (Providing mice don't chew an opening.....?)
Old 04-12-2012, 09:42 PM
gtmick00
8th Gear

This last winter two of my 10 x 20 renterd storage units had mice problems. No damage of any kind to bag. and no mice in car bags. Yes I am sure they could chew a hole, but never have. No food of any kind in cars thought. My corvette was stored in a bag in a pole barn and never had a hole chewed in it.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Birddogtwo
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's good to hear. I think that the way for me to go is the capsule. I need to put the car in and out almost daily. I just hope it will stand up to this kind of use. This isn't a small suburban garage that can easily be mouseproofed The good news is I caught 3 of the little SOBs yesterday! Thanks to everyone for their input
Dave

vette40509 google it and a dozen different companies pop I used the 14 foot for comparison and the prices range from $290 to $349. I'll have to measure the car to figure out the correct size
Old 04-13-2012, 12:49 AM
H P Bushrod

Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
??????? a little heavy on the stick.....
Only when necessary.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

A capsule would be a good way to go, methinks. Not only for mice, but moisture/condensation (for those w/o heated storage areas, especially).

But! Carpet remanants on the floor cured the condesation issue, and this stuff called "One Bite" (recommended by a feed store owner) solved my mouse (and rat) problems on "the ranch".

One year I killed 45 mice in my house; 43 with traps, and two with a pellet gun! I tried Decon but turquois turds on my motor and console conviced me the bastards were eating the stuff, w/o ill effect! That "One Bite" halted my infestation in about 4 days. They ate the fist one-pound package in the first 3 days. So, I spread another pound around, and at the end of winter, 90% of the stuff was still there.

I've used dryer sheets in the cabin and under the hood. I also used pepermint oil (from the food / cooking section at WalMart) and put a piece of the One Bite under the seats of both Vettes.

No more mouse problems for the past 8 years since I started using OB. (But, I'd love to have a bubble...Just have higher priorities for the $$$, I guess) There is also this stuff called "Tomcat", but I was told that if I had pets, that TC would have secondary killing potential should one of my pooches knaw on a dead mouse.

P.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:33 PM
vette40509
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks birddogtwo. I am trying to figure out what I want to do because I am in Kuwait and my wife and borther-in-law are taking care of my toys....trying to preserve 6 cars without being there is fun!
Old 04-15-2012, 08:12 AM
927redvette
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good solution to mice is oil of peppermint, all rodents hate the smell. All you have to do is get cotton *****, and oil of peppermint from your local health food store and put a few drops of the oil on the cotton ***** and place them in the car, the glove box, the trunk and you are done. Your car will smell like a york peppermint patty and the mice, rats or other rodents will run as far away from that smell as they can. I was told this secret from a exterminator friend of mine, it really works!
Old 04-15-2012, 12:36 PM
RACER 1993
Racer

A friend of mine put those dryer sheets in his car and the mice made a huge bed out of them after shredding them up. They had a very fresh smelling nest to sleep in after a full day of chewing on his wiring harness in the dashboard.

Quick Reply: OMG Mice... Is the answer a Car Capsule?