C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Auto Tech. Final

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 10:37 PM
The91V
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Tech. Final

Hey everybody, I'm taking Intro to Automotive Technology, and for our class final we have to have a 5 minute presentation on anything car related. So I picked the C4, but I'm stumped on what to write about. I'm looking for some ideas on what to present about, so I came to my fellow c4'ers. If you have anything, please feel free to drop a reply. Thanks!
Old 11-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by The91V
Hey everybody, I'm taking Intro to Automotive Technology, and for our class final we have to have a 5 minute presentation on anything car related. So I picked the C4, but I'm stumped on what to write about. I'm looking for some ideas on what to present about, so I came to my fellow c4'ers. If you have anything, please feel free to drop a reply. Thanks!
When the c4 came out, its real claim to fame was it's ability to pull 1 g on the skidpad, using street tires. I "think" it was the first car to pull that off. GM contracted with Goodyear, and they "sorta" built the car around (or along with) the tire.

Perhaps something along those lines?
Old 11-27-2011, 10:55 PM
The91V
Heel & Toe

I like the sound of that, Pete. Do you know where I can scrounge up some more info on that?
Old 11-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by The91V
I like the sound of that, Pete. Do you know where I can scrounge up some more info on that?
At the very least, Youtube has some of the old advertising (commercials) from back in 1983.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:45 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

I agree show the old 84 commercial, epic 80's ness!!!

I would focus on the cars world class handling. Look up and present in your presentation about the 1G and the SCCA Showroom Stock Corvettes that kicked everybody's butt to the curb in the early C4 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP7ijUkgc-4

Also, see these...http://www.roadandtrack.com/special-...ronology-1980s

http://www.roadandtrack.com/special-...ronology-1990s

If your going to Talk C4, you have to talk ZR-1. When put into production, one of the fastest car in the WORLD, PERIOD!!!

Tell you what, I'll do a 5 hour presentation for you!!! Hahaha, I could, that is the sad part.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:19 PM
blakngold4life
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You are really going to need to narrow it down and not just do the C4 in general. Keep in mind the Callaway Sledgehammer, torquey TPI which had to deal with new EPA standards, and the aerodynamics were way ahead of its time as well. There is plenty out there to do a project on.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:45 PM
red89c4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont think that i can top those subjects both sound great, but i would think about doing it on how technology progressed through the c4 era
Old 11-29-2011, 02:43 AM
llong66
Intermediate

the 92 C4 with the LT1 was the first departure from the old standard small block. Reverse flow cooling, traction control, how about those?
Old 11-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

How about the history of fuel injection in general? Starting with the mechanical fuelies in the 50's, up through the challenges and benefits of EFI, and the evolution of EFI. Run up from Throttle Body Injection, Port Injection, Batch Fire to Sequential, Direct Injection, you get the picture.

Focus on benefits of EFI over carburetion too.....longer engine life, lower emissions, more power, easier starting, better fuel economy, self calibrating for elevation, etc.

Happy writing.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:34 AM
Azriel
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frizlefrak
How about the history of fuel injection in general? Starting with the mechanical fuelies in the 50's, up through the challenges and benefits of EFI, and the evolution of EFI. Run up from Throttle Body Injection, Port Injection, Batch Fire to Sequential, Direct Injection, you get the picture.

Focus on benefits of EFI over carburetion too.....longer engine life, lower emissions, more power, easier starting, better fuel economy, self calibrating for elevation, etc.

Happy writing.
Kid has a 5 minute presentation, you're giving him libraries of information he could report on!
Old 11-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Azriel
Kid has a 5 minute presentation, you're giving him libraries of information he could report on!
Stand up in front of the class and announce...."I've got bad news for the rest of you....you're not going to have time to present, you're going to flunk"
Old 11-30-2011, 11:39 AM
dukeallen
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frizlefrak
Stand up in front of the class and announce...."I've got bad news for the rest of you....you're not going to have time to present, you're going to flunk"
I don't know...I don't want my mechanic to be a drop out.

Get notified of new replies

To Auto Tech. Final

Quick Reply: Auto Tech. Final