Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

FREE leather interior parts for Your Vette!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 11:15 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 142 Likes on 89 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07,-'13

Originally Posted by C41987
Below is my correspondence via PM with Redline Goods.
He knew very well what the size and what project we were discussing and weaseled out of it at the last moment. Why do companies treat customers like this. He came on here offering to do this and all of sudden, OH wait, we can't do that. Very sh***y way to do business. Even post 27 proves he was aware of the scope

I do realise that this was supposed to be free product (minus the $50 you have to put up upfront to make sure you supply pics and notes), but don't come on here offering this and then back out of it at the last moment. I was actually planning on buying more with the $50 deposit once it was all done with.
Good Luck to anybody who deals with them.
Originally Posted by C41987
Below is my correspondence via PM with Redline Goods.
He knew very well what the size and what project we were discussing and weaseled out of it at the last moment. Why do companies treat customers like this. He came on here offering to do this and all of sudden, OH wait, we can't do that. Very sh***y way to do business. Even post 27 proves he was aware of the scope

I do realise that this was supposed to be free product (minus the $50 you have to put up upfront to make sure you supply pics and notes), but don't come on here offering this and then back out of it at the last moment. I was actually planning on buying more with the $50 deposit once it was all done with.
Good Luck to anybody who deals with them.
Correct. That's exactly what we were talking about. I am new at RedlineGoods and didn't know the details about Free Not Supported procects related with large parts, such as headliners. When I wanted to start this project, someone told me the headliner's dimensions were approx. 73" x 54". I wrote you about it with explanation. Sorry. My mistake, I should have checked it thoroughly before.

Now the question - why do you write about sh**ty way of doing business instead os saying ALL THE TRUTH here? And the truth is that you answered to my PM saying that the dimensions are actually approx. 24" x 48" and you "DO NOT want to move forward with a flighty company as your own". Should you just have written: " No Jack, you're wrong, the actual dimensions are 24" x 48" max", my answer would be: "Great! Let's get it done then!"

73" x 54" is well over 2.5 square meters while 24" x 48" is only 0.75 square meters. I believe you agree this makes a huge difference. So, as I replied to your last PM, I still like the idea of making embroidered headliner for you and with this size we can surely proceed even from now.

What do you say?

Originally Posted by tim32920
Mama always said "If it's too good to be true, it probably is." I gave the guy all my info and have not heard a word.
Well Tim, below is the PM I sent you in reply to yours:

Originally Posted by RedlineGoods.com
Originally Posted by tim32920
Hi. I am interested in the offer you have posted on the forum. I currently own a 1995 C4 auto with black tan in and an 03 C5 6 spd with black int. You have a very nice product line and myself and I have alot of friends here in Fl that would also be interested in purchasing your products so anything you could send me to show your items such as catalogs or whatever...or even free stuff to show off would be great. If you are interested in some kind of thing where I sell your stuff that would be possible. So I am wondering what kind of deal you are talking about in your post.

Thank you

Tim Stickdorn
1344 Heritage acres blvd
Rockledge. Fl 32955

321-505-8887
Hello Tim

Thanks for the message.

First of all we are looking for people who will send us their stock parts for measuremens and then make an installation manual. Those who are willing to help, will get their leather parts for free

This regards to any parts we do not offer at the moment - these can be armrest cover, steering wheel wrap, door insert covers, headrest covers (with embroidery, if you like), sunvisor covers, etc.

Find detailed conditions here: http://www.redlinegoods.com/notsupported2.shtm, think what parts you may want to have covered in our leathers and, as soon as you decide, let me know.

And, your post suggests you are a professional seller of auto parts, am I right? So maybe you would be interested in becoming our wholesale partner?

Take care
Jack
RedlineGoods Team
This was sent to you on 11-04-2011, 01:46 PM.

Since that time, not a single word from you. Are you still interested? Let me know and we'll proceed.

Take care
Jack
RedlineGoods Team

Join us on FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM for product updates, contests and DISCOUNT CODES!!!

Old 11-20-2011, 01:04 PM
C41987
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't matter about the size; fact is that you knew we were talking about a Corvette headliner and said "Yes, lets do a headliner". Then comeback at the 11th hour and say, NO we can't do that. As far as your English lecture about how I should have worded it different, I said what I meant. It's funny how once I call you out on it, you change direction once again, so NO! I do not want to move forward with you. End of correspondence.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:27 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '07,-'13

Of course the size DOES MATTER. Because if I hadn't been given wrong, oversized, information, we would have already started smoothly and you would now be waiting for your new embroidered headliner

Take care
Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 11-21-2011, 09:53 PM
rickhigginshtbr
Instructor

Jack... Don't let one person on here influence your feelings towards the rest of the vette guys

Anyone have a good '84-'85 wheel to send them? I want to send mine, but the leather is 1/4 missing and wouldn't make the best part to make a cover from....
Old 11-22-2011, 04:18 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '07,-'13

Originally Posted by rickhigginshtbr
Jack... Don't let one person on here influence your feelings towards the rest of the vette guys
There's no hard feelings from my side at all I just got confused which caused some mess here But we're all grown-ups I believe and will not let one misunderstanding influence our relationships

Originally Posted by rickhigginshtbr
Anyone have a good '84-'85 wheel to send them? I want to send mine, but the leather is 1/4 missing and wouldn't make the best part to make a cover from....
We are already waiting for this wheel from one of you, Vette guys :

Any other C4 wheel model welcome - even with partially broken leather And one question here: how many steering wheels were used in C4's?

Take care
Jack
RedlineGoods Team

Last edited by RedlineGoods.com; 11-22-2011 at 04:21 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:00 AM
rickhigginshtbr
Instructor

Well, 84-85... then 86-89... then... 90-93, 94-96, lol. 84-85 is the same as 86-89, just thinner, which I prefer. I'll post/e-mail a pic of my wheel this week, if you think it's not too trashed, let me know.

Last edited by rickhigginshtbr; 11-22-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:29 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '07,-'13

OK, great, thanks!

So again - we only have the wheel shown above supplied by one of you guys. All the others are still waiting for a guinea pig interested in a freebie

Take care
Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 11-24-2011, 05:44 PM
M.J.L.
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

I have bought two shifter boots from you guys. Loved each. I now have the carbon fiber shifter boot as I did my entire interior in carbon fiber. Will help if you want it. I got new door panels so I don't know about the door panel inserts but I am all for anything to make my car look nicer!

Quick Reply: FREE leather interior parts for Your Vette!