Heater Remains on

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 02:16 PM
myturn89
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater Remains on

Hey everyone,

I have a 1989 corvette convertible. I recently took it out for the final drive of the year. I had the heat on briefly while I had the top down. When I arrived back home and turned the car off, the heater was still going! Perplexed, I started the car up again and fiddled with the switches and ensured that it was off. I turned the car off again, removed the keys and still the heater was on. Now since I was storing it, i just said "that is an issue for next year" and pulled the battery - which solved the problem. Is this a known issue?? Any suggestions?
Old 10-24-2011, 02:45 PM
SunCr
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Either the Blower Module which sits on the Evaporator Casing is shorted or the 5 amp fuse protecting the Blower Voltage return signal circuit is open. The fuse is the easiest to check. It's in a little case on the Passenger side Firewall and the Leads should be Purple or whatever is hot at Blower Motor. If it is open, you may also need a new Blower Motor, but put another one (5 amp fuse) in there and see what it does. If that's not the problem, it's the Module - left side of the Evaporator Case facing forward. NAPA had a stocking # - don't know if they still do. It's used in Caddy, Pontiac & Buick too so you can often find used at a Boneyard.

Quick Reply: Heater Remains on