C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Camber Brace

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 10:18 AM
TheKid!!
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Camber Brace

I am looking for some information on this product by R D Racing. Basically I would like to know if it works? If so how effectively? I have an '87 with mostly stock components except Edelbrock shocks front to back.

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:23 AM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

You will receive positive feedback on this one. I have the CB on both Vettes and it makes the crosmember stronger making the frame structure stiffer. Youll feel the difference right away.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:27 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I have one on my 87 coupe I use for autocross. It is a good piece to have for events like autocross and track days. The brace provides additional support for the upper control arms and works to keep camber settings correct. I noticed an immediate improvement in cornering after I installed it.

My car has the Z52 suspension so it also has the triangular braces on the front crossmember. I use Bilstein Z51-specific shocks.

Definitely worth the money and the install isn't that hard to do. Takes about 20 minutes and one beer. Then another beer to stand there and admire your work....
Old 10-11-2011, 10:30 AM
wro87
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PLRX
You will receive positive feedback on this one. I have the CB on both Vettes and it makes the crosmember stronger making the frame structure stiffer. Youll feel the difference right away.
One of the BEST THINGS that can be done I even found mine on ebay for less than 1/2 the price.

Just wait when you dive into the corners a little harder.

Good Luck wro87
Old 10-11-2011, 10:30 AM
TheKid!!
Advanced

Default Camber Brace

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
I have one on my 87 coupe I use for autocross. It is a good piece to have for events like autocross and track days. The brace provides additional support for the upper control arms and works to keep camber settings correct. I noticed an immediate improvement in cornering after I installed it.

My car has the Z52 suspension so it also has the triangular braces on the front crossmember. I use Bilstein Z51-specific shocks.

Definitely worth the money and the install isn't that hard to do. Takes about 20 minutes and one beer. Then another beer to stand there and admire your work....
You and your beer ratings!!! Hahaha, they are usually a good indicator thanks!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:34 AM
TheKid!!
Advanced

Default Camber Brace

Just wanted to double check, Looks like it should work. Where would I get the triangle braces? I have a Z52 suspension as well. It came with Bilstiens. I believe they were stock. Is this the only difference between the Z52 susp and the stock one?

Thanks for the good advice everyone.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:49 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by TheKid!!
Just wanted to double check, Looks like it should work. Where would I get the triangle braces? I have a Z52 suspension as well. It came with Bilstiens. I believe they were stock. Is this the only difference between the Z52 susp and the stock one?

Thanks for the good advice everyone.
The triangle braces came on both the Z51 (coupes only) and the Z52 (coupes and 'verts). If you look down at the frame and the front crossmember where they meet, you should see a brace welded in place at a 45 degree angle. These are the "triangle" braces.

You've probably seen this page before; it lists the differences in the various C4 suspension options.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:08 PM
carguy604
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
The triangle braces came on both the Z51 (coupes only) and the Z52 (coupes and 'verts). If you look down at the frame and the front crossmember where they meet, you should see a brace welded in place at a 45 degree angle. These are the "triangle" braces.

You've probably seen this page before; it lists the differences in the various C4 suspension options.
Wow! Never seen this page before, but what a great reference chart! Thanks!
Old 10-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 374 Likes on 310 Posts

Those braces bolt in, I've been considering making tubular ones since they are so heavy.

If I were you and wanted better handling, I would put the money toward better shocks. Or sway bars, better tires, increasing driving skill, alignment, etc etc.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:16 AM
TheKid!!
Advanced

Default Aardwolf: Camber Brace

Originally Posted by Aardwolf
Those braces bolt in, I've been considering making tubular ones since they are so heavy.

If I were you and wanted better handling, I would put the money toward better shocks. Or sway bars, better tires, increasing driving skill, alignment, etc etc.
As I mentioned, I already have upgraded shocks and I am not sure how better shocks would improve front end stiffness and control, which is what I am looking for. Better tires than what? Certainly you can't be assuming I rollin' on those same old 16' it came with do you. Never *** U Me! Especially about my driving skill. Whether a DOHC 4 banger or OHV V8, I make them do what they do.

Get notified of new replies

To Camber Brace

Quick Reply: Camber Brace