My ridiculous corvette story of the week

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Ward Cleaver
Southern Piedmont Area
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FWC

Seems the heat of the day forced the cork out only halfway but enough to cause a leak.

Moral of the story, if you leave wine in the car, leave it upright.

Actual moral of the story (from a wine drinker)...

Blasphemy! Never leave a bottle of wine sitting all day in a hot car...and never store a bottle of wine upright.

Regards,
-Ward
Old 09-21-2011, 10:03 PM
mfi
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Turned on my stereo once and heard..pop..the amp was sitting in a pool of water..guess these verts...leak..
Old 09-24-2011, 01:35 PM
JohnnyCanuck
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paying Attention to the Wife

Since we are baring our souls here . . .

New 'Vette (to me) and still a little unsure of all the bits and pieces and operation. Took my wife out for a nice run and she had me stop off at a farm to pick up some veggies. As usual I wasn't paying any attention to what she was doing and was just day-dreaming while she shopped. She finished, put some stuff in the cubby behind the seat and off we drove.

Well, hit the highway and first time I hit the gas there was a loud THUNK from the car. Eased off on the gas, hit it again, another loud THUNK. S--t, engine? tranny? dif? Dead raccoon stuck under the car? What the hell? It did this all the way home. Visions of big $$ in repair bills floating through my mind.

Got home, watched my dear wife unload a big bad of potatoes from the 'Vette. Yup, the THUNK was the stupid spuds rolling around in the cubby. Lesson learned.

Johnny
Old 09-24-2011, 01:44 PM
navy_vette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is kinda recent.

Like most coups, I don't have the plastic retainers for the front roof bolts. They usually go in the ash tray. I recently bought a new upper windshield trim piece. Looks great! The holes are slightly smaller so the bolt stayed in both sides. Cool! I guess I don't have to worry about them falling out! WRONG. I took a hard left from a stop and decided to have a bit of fun. The rear tires came out and it was a nice smooth turn. They were halfassing a repair on the road. Suddenly my tires went from concrete to hot black asphalt and it hooked HARD. The driver's side bolt flew onto the passenger seat and the passenger bolt... well.... flew.

2 weeks later I got new bolts in the mail. I have been driving the Corvette to work every cold morning with the roof in the back.

Quick Reply: My ridiculous corvette story of the week