C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

1991 c4 injectors won't pulse

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 11:12 PM
marlonb601
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 c4 injectors won't pulse

the injectors on my 1991 L98 TPI won't pulse. here's what I've done so far. 1. replaced pick up coil. 2. had ignition control module tested(it was good) 3. Replaced TPS 4.checked resistance of injectors(all read 16.7 ohms except one it read 15.8) 5. checked for 12 volts at each injector harness. 6. checked for 12 volts to the ecm 7. disconnected the 4 pin connector at the distributor and probed the purple and white reference wire to make the fuel pump come on for 2 seconds. 8. jumped the A and B terminals at ALDL to check for code 12(code 12 did flash and no codes followed) Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? All the tests I've run seem to rule out injectors and ecm. What am I missing? HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:02 AM
staugur
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marlonb601
the injectors on my 1991 L98 TPI won't pulse. here's what I've done so far. 1. replaced pick up coil. 2. had ignition control module tested(it was good) 3. Replaced TPS 4.checked resistance of injectors(all read 16.7 ohms except one it read 15.8) 5. checked for 12 volts at each injector harness. 6. checked for 12 volts to the ecm 7. disconnected the 4 pin connector at the distributor and probed the purple and white reference wire to make the fuel pump come on for 2 seconds. 8. jumped the A and B terminals at ALDL to check for code 12(code 12 did flash and no codes followed) Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? All the tests I've run seem to rule out injectors and ecm. What am I missing? HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just been through the same problem.Turned out to be a defective VATS module.You can get a VATS delete chip from pcmforless.com for $100.

Quick Reply: 1991 c4 injectors won't pulse