C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

C4 Wiring Diagrams

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 10:35 AM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

Default C4 Wiring Diagrams

Have just ordered a CD from EBay for the wiring of all C4 vetts. Even though I (of course) have the FSMs for my 94, just seemed like a neat thing to have. Thought I might be able to answer additional questions if I could see the schematics and drawings for them. I also thought having an electronic format might be beneficial is some useful way for the future.

I don’t know if this is worth the money but for $16 how far can I go wrong. I will post back when I get the results.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:23 PM
HlhnEast
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah the only thing with the electronic version is by the time you can really see everything in an overview its too small to read, lol. Vette electronics are so complicated you really need a good wiring diagram. I liked my CJ7 because it was a simple system to learn on. I successfully converted a V8 Motorcraft alternator system to the 6 cyl GM alternator and solved several other problems by tracing the wiring diagrams. This experience makes it a little easier with the Vette.

Keep us posted as to how it works out for you.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:46 PM
STH
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Are more of these CD's available? If so more info please.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:24 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Default Up date

Originally Posted by HlhnEast
Yeah the only thing with the electronic version is by the time you can really see everything in an overview its too small to read, lol. Vette electronics are so complicated you really need a good wiring diagram. I liked my CJ7 because it was a simple system to learn on. I successfully converted a V8 Motorcraft alternator system to the 6 cyl GM alternator and solved several other problems by tracing the wiring diagrams. This experience makes it a little easier with the Vette.

Keep us posted as to how it works out for you.
This is a pretty good item with each year having its own set of pdf files categorized for the different electrical systems. These are for 1994 -1999. A/C, PKE, power, starting. Etc. schematics are set up in a different configuration than a FSM. There is section on VATS, specs and has wallpaper also. This is no FSM and will not hold your hand. There are no flow charts or how to do things or theory of operation. The basic point to point connections are given. But the other years are not set up like that. The 84-93 are combined schematics and have basic engine operation & some chassis but not much on the rest of the car. They have some basic electrical like starting, fuel, A/C & ignition. No wipers or radio.

There are several different CDs advertised that are targeted for different years even though mine says 84-99 on it. But the ad says (targeted) 94-96. There another CD that says it's for 84-88 (targeted).

It's not the end all end but is a good value with lots of information. I think the value is good as I got more information in some areas than I expected.

Go to EBay and search " Corvette Wiring Diagrams on CD" and all the years will come up.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:38 PM
SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
Drifting

Location: Supreme Soviet Peace-Loving Pipple's Kollektive of Seattle Wa
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HlhnEast
Yeah the only thing with the electronic version is by the time you can really see everything in an overview its too small to read, lol.
If the version he's getting is in PDF, you can set the zoom up to 500%. I use mine frequently and it's great! I print out the pages I need and take 'em out to the car without the rest of the FSM flopping around and if the pages get torn or dirty, I can just reprint 'em.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:10 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Yes, PDF.

You can look quick in preeview mode, fills half the screen & easy to read. Or can go full mode, fill the screen and print if you want.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:56 PM
fushizzel
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight actuator motor 1984 3-wire connector

I'm looking for wiring schematic if anyone out there can help
ty
Old 04-26-2019, 08:20 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by fushizzel
I'm looking for wiring schematic if anyone out there can help
ty
If you could narrow it down to what circuit is of interest, it would help. Most circuits are simplified for easy reading. The wire harness schematics are only used when running down issues within the harness itself; at least most of the time.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:45 AM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Nice thing about PDF is that you can print out the data of interest and take it out to the car for easy reference, IMO.

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Wiring Diagrams

Quick Reply: C4 Wiring Diagrams