Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Need some consumer advice please

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 03:16 AM
Casethecorvetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

Kick them into touch, i wouldnt pay that amount either.

Now answer my questions!!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:00 AM
blackozvet
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 219 Posts

I will try and answer but they are a bit cryptic, who is nifty nev and when you say you are drinking the s.a. stuff does that mean you are living in s.a. ?
Old 08-09-2011, 10:50 AM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Jegs is good too- they seem to be more race car specific than Summit, but they ship quickly. I usually just buy nickle and dime items from them though- like tools or specialty supplies.

what are you gonna do with one head? I guess you should just buy the other one. It's hard to put a price on getting exactly what you want (the smaller port cc one for snappier mid range).
Old 08-10-2011, 02:29 AM
Casethecorvetteman
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by blackozvet
I will try and answer but they are a bit cryptic, who is nifty nev and when you say you are drinking the s.a. stuff does that mean you are living in s.a. ?
HAHA!! I thought every Corvette owner in S.A. knew Nifty Nev!! He is a bloke from Whyalla, hell of a nice guy, works for One Steel. Used to have a white 74 for a while.

By the S.A. stuff i mean Coopers, it says on the bottle its made in S.A.!! Got 4 tallies of the black stuff in the fridge right now.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:12 AM
blackozvet
Melting Slicks

[QUOTE=Casethecorvetteman;1578370632]HAHA!! I thought every Corvette owner in S.A. knew Nifty Nev!! He is a bloke from Whyalla, hell of a nice guy, works for One Steel. Used to have a white 74 for a while.

By the S.A. stuff i mean Coopers, it says on the bottle its made in S.A.!! Got 4 tallies of the black stuff in the fridge right now.

Nifty Nev from Whyalla - well if he is in the Vette club I might have met him, I know Gus from Whyalla, I assume they probably know each other, Gus is organising a Vette v GT Ford challenge at the 1/8th mile at Whyalla in the warmer months so might head up for that one.

Good to see your drinking Coopers from Adelaide, the Cooper family are big supporters of motor racing too !
Old 08-10-2011, 10:18 AM
blackozvet
Melting Slicks

Well guys I had to bend over and take it, I cant afford to send it back (dhl want twice as much to send it back and summit wont let me use their account)
I cant use one head, i cant sell one head, i cant send it back,
so I rang them back and the best offer is 20% off so I had to take it, geez those heads better be good !
Old 08-10-2011, 08:00 PM
c4sailor
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackozvet
Well guys I had to bend over and take it, I cant afford to send it back (dhl want twice as much to send it back and summit wont let me use their account)
I cant use one head, i cant sell one head, i cant send it back,
so I rang them back and the best offer is 20% off so I had to take it, geez those heads better be good !
I'd also contact Edelbrock, tell them your story and supply them with the evidence of the bad advertising. And, I'd copy the CEO at Summit. Not that it may get you any monetary satisfaction but so Edelbrock knows that the Summit people are indirectly making a bad name for Edelbrock that has a multiplier effect when the facts get published on things like this forum. Vic Edelbrock does not want to see his name drug through the mud, I guarantee you that.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...from_vic.shtml
Old 08-11-2011, 01:50 AM
Casethecorvetteman
Le Mans Master

Yeah mate he knows Gus, and i know Gus, dont know him real well but have spoken a couple times on the phone, he is a top bloke as well. If indeed it is Gus with the red C3.

He has called me a couple times for some C4 help and advice, i managed to help him get one of his mates going when he had a stuffed in-tank filter.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:34 AM
blackozvet
Melting Slicks

Well I cant complain about the service from DHL, the second head was shipped from Ohio on Friday and landed at Adelaide airport 1.30 pm today (sunday) !
Once I have that second head in my hands I will see what I can stir up, maybe an email to Edelbrock as c4sailor has recommended ?
I will have to give the Ohio Attorny General a call - Im sure I must have some rights as a consumer ?
Old 08-14-2011, 08:11 AM
1963SS
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some items I can see ordering only one. Like heads. I may tear one up from an explosive rebuild. I can see ordering one tire, one spark plug, etc. I will never understand why GM and most aftermarket folks sell one intake gasket.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Casethecorvetteman
Le Mans Master

Its like ordering 1 beer... A waste of time.

Quick Reply: Need some consumer advice please