Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

C4 Turned into Jeep-Like Frankenstien.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 02:24 AM
JrRifleCoach
Team Owner

Location: Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Received 640 Likes on 444 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Ya gotta give the guy some credit here.....

No, not really.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:57 AM
jeffp1167
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would drive it
Old 07-28-2011, 06:23 AM
gerardvg
Melting Slicks

Received 188 Likes on 169 Posts

Old 07-28-2011, 08:23 AM
91kuhndog
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a fabricator....I have to appreciate it! look at the artistic side of it.... it's ugly to us, but to the guy building it..... he had fun. watching someone waste a vette chassic make us puke... You don't just throw something like that together.... that took a lot of time, money & effort. While it seems (is) a waste of good parts, someone had a blast and a good laugh building it.... My first "muscle car" was an AMX.... so see.... crazy thing is.... someone will buy it! Just sayin
Old 07-28-2011, 09:36 AM
GS 163
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Get it up in the air a few inches, some sand paddles in the back and skinnies up front and you could have a hell of a lot of fun mashing some dunes.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

???????????????????????? I want to say so much but just can't think of a thing????????????????................... ........wait a minute..........I just threw up a little......................Aw, forget it.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:24 PM
RickTheRuler727
Safety Car

Garbage!
Old 07-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Slow_Lane
Racer

Ok but maybe it's all in how you look at things....

We all are looking at this as somebody ruined a Corvette. That's understandable but think about it - I don't know but I seriously doubt this guy started with a nice drivable Corvette. I'll even wager that this the car he started with was trashed beyond repair and nearly worthless. Figure what usable C4 parts there were are probably the ones he used.

So he took one probably wrecked but undoubtedly beyond cost effective repair 84 Corvette and thought...I'd like to make this driveable but it's toast....maybe I could make some kind of rod out of it...what else do I have laying around....a CJ7....well...

Or in another way of looking at it perhaps you could say the guy seriously upgraded the chasis of his CJ to improve it's on-road handling...hard to argue with that right?

Either way what we end up with is kind of a bastard creation but probably fun as hell to cruise in. I agree with some posters above that the integration of the windshield/A pillar could be better but to be fair, that part is structurally integral to the C4 birdcage.

Which leads me to this thought...I can't be the only one here who's looked at a junked out C4 and thought it would make a neat rod. I was thinking something along the lines of a 32 ford (maybe like a prowler) but that's just my preference. Obviously I'd never destroy a nice C4 to do something like that but if I had a basket case maybe?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:13 PM
mrmtrtrnd
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Slow_Lane

We all are looking at this as somebody ruined a Corvette. That's understandable but think about it - I don't know but I seriously doubt this guy started with a nice drivable Corvette. I'll even wager that this the car he started with was trashed beyond repair and nearly worthless. Figure what usable C4 parts there were are probably the ones he used.

So he took one probably wrecked but undoubtedly beyond cost effective repair 84 Corvette and thought...I'd like to make this driveable but it's toast....maybe I could make some kind of rod out of it...what else do I have laying around....a CJ7....well...

Or in another way of looking at it perhaps you could say the guy seriously upgraded the chasis of his CJ to improve it's on-road handling...hard to argue with that right?

Either way what we end up with is kind of a bastard creation but probably fun as hell to cruise in. I agree with some posters above that the integration of the windshield/A pillar could be better but to be fair, that part is structurally integral to the C4 birdcage.

Which leads me to this thought...I can't be the only one here who's looked at a junked out C4 and thought it would make a neat rod. I was thinking something along the lines of a 32 ford (maybe like a prowler) but that's just my preference. Obviously I'd never destroy a nice C4 to do something like that but if I had a basket case maybe?
When you look at it from that point of view it makes a little more sense and if the owner is enjoying it more power to him.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:03 AM
Ward Cleaver
Southern Piedmont Area
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

"C4 turned into Jeep."
Blasphemy!!

Regards,
-Ward
Old 07-29-2011, 06:01 AM
GS 163
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow_Lane

Old 07-29-2011, 07:54 AM
jeffp1167
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 91kuhndog
As a fabricator....I have to appreciate it! look at the artistic side of it.... it's ugly to us, but to the guy building it..... he had fun. watching someone waste a vette chassic make us puke... You don't just throw something like that together.... that took a lot of time, money & effort. While it seems (is) a waste of good parts, someone had a blast and a good laugh building it.... My first "muscle car" was an AMX.... so see.... crazy thing is.... someone will buy it! Just sayin
This must of took a lot of effort and craftmanship on his part huh ??????

Old 07-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffp1167

Not to mention several hacksaw blades.....
Old 07-29-2011, 02:17 PM
xsalvioutlawx
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You couldn't pay me to get in that thing
Old 07-30-2011, 02:34 AM
Texas Stinger
Burning Brakes

Is that the '83 Crossfire Crossover?
Old 07-31-2011, 09:27 AM
91kuhndog
Advanced

Originally Posted by jeffp1167

Look at the quality here... WHAT? you can't see it? Jeff, that was entirely meant as sarcasm.... Not to have been taken serious. The point is, someone wasted a lot of time, beer (possibly, lots of beer), money, a vette, a jeep tub, but someone will buy it....

Quick Reply: C4 Turned into Jeep-Like Frankenstien.