Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

I finally got pulled over in the vette tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 12:18 AM
astepup
Melting Slicks

Received 1,807 Likes on 670 Posts

Default I finally got pulled over in the vette tonight...

as I was coming home from seeing the fireworks display in town. Had AC/DC cranked and apparently was going a little over 60 mph. Never saw the state trooper sitting at the intersection of a blacktop and gravel road. After he pulled me over and asked me if I knew why I got stopped I said "I suppose I was speeding but wasn't paying any attention", I was just keeping up with the cars in front of me. He asked about my driving record which is clean, ran my license and ended up giving me a warning. Apparently some LEO's feel that 55 MEANS 55 I've always been told that if you're pulled over for anything be polite and don't try to b.s. your way out of anything...good advice I'd say. You can bet I'll be watching my speed a lot more closely now...for at least a week or two

astepup said that
Old 07-04-2011, 12:26 AM
zr-1 guy
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the last thing i'm going to do when i'm pulled over is admit to a crime and admit that i wasn't paying attention
Old 07-04-2011, 01:17 AM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by pologreen1
. Maybe seeing if you were drinking or something.
It's 4th of July weekend. It's "zero tolerance" weekend for DUI here this weekend. If they smell liquor, you're getting the test....if you refuse it, plan on Tuesday before you see the light of day and your car sitting in impound.

Sounds like he's just trying to corral the drunks....the "warning" was his way of saying, "you're sober, c-ya".
Old 07-04-2011, 02:58 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by zr-1 guy
the last thing i'm going to do when i'm pulled over is admit to a crime and admit that i wasn't paying attention
Hope it works for you. Ive always been honest and it usually puts a smile on their face and say to be careful etc etc. Maybe they like it when they see a musclecar sliding sideways for 100 feet on a freeway onramp
Old 07-04-2011, 03:01 AM
1Asterisk
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cops don't care about revenue. It's not like the Officer gets to keep some of the cash generated by each ticket.

They get paid the same to give warnings or tickets.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:09 AM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Masterfulks
Cops don't care about revenue. It's not like the Officer gets to keep some of the cash generated by each ticket.

They get paid the same to give warnings or tickets.
UHHHm...sorry .

NO TICKETS, NO JOBS. No it may not be personal to them, just following oprders,but...They are expected to to make the city's money. ESPECIALLY in these times.

Just check your local court records and see how many and what kinds of tickets are being issued these few years. It's gone up a lot by me for all kinds of everything.

Last edited by pologreen1; 07-04-2011 at 03:13 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:22 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

lol not bad ajax
like them or not the guy was just doing his job and gave him a pass
not a bad thing
Old 07-04-2011, 09:02 AM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

He didn't get a ticket so I would say the cop was an ok guy.....WW
Old 07-04-2011, 09:31 AM
xole
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Frizlefrak;1578042376] It's 4th of July weekend. It's "zero tolerance" weekend for DUI here this weekend. If they smell liquor, you're getting the test....if you refuse it, plan on Tuesday before you see the light of day and your car sitting in impound./QUOTE]

Two roadblocks so far within a mile from my house this weekend.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,010 Likes on 2,529 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by WW7
He didn't get a ticket so I would say the cop was an ok guy.....WW

Pup, you played it right. Maybe he's going to write you, maybe not. You played it respectful and just got a warning. I have NEvER heard of anybody getting let off easy because they gave the cop a hard time!

Lucked out myself last night. Same deal, returning from brother-in-law's place after fireworks. About 12:45AM, long straight stretch of road and nothing in sight. Really was tempted to let the Vette out a bit, but there's fields on each side and I've seen deer there before so I kept it at about 57 (it's a 55 zone) Got to the end of the straightaway and here's Mr. Deputy there on the opposite shoulder, lurking. Thanks to being paranoid about deer, I had not given him any reason to pull me over, and he didn't.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Old87owner
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xole
Two roadblocks so far within a mile from my house this weekend.
Those are what is wrong with America today. You have abdicated your freedom for some protection. A crime might be committed? Why not search every man in the US? Every day, he may be a child molester or rapist, or something. Frisk the poor man in front of everyone just because he might be one.

That are what roadblocks are. Money makers, pure and simple.

Why not just start stopping random people on the sidewalk, after all YOU and I just may be bank robbers with a demand for money?

Hell, why we are at it, why not just start stopping all Porsches, Vettes, Mustangs because we may be speeders and rifle through our cars, just because we may be capable of committing some crime. Which we all do at times.

WE have given up freedom for protection, protection from what ?

Tyrannies are started this way.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:07 AM
joesgulfstream
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Old87owner
Those are what is wrong with America today. You have abdicated your freedom for some protection. A crime might be committed? Why not search every man in the US? Every day, he may be a child molester or rapist, or something. Frisk the poor man in front of everyone just because he might be one.

That are what roadblocks are. Money makers, pure and simple.

Why not just start stopping random people on the sidewalk, after all YOU and I just may be bank robbers with a demand for money?

Hell, why we are at it, why not just start stopping all Porsches, Vettes, Mustangs because we may be speeders and rifle through our cars, just because we may be capable of committing some crime. Which we all do at times.

WE have given up freedom for protection, protection from what ?

I take it you have never knew anyone who was involved in a DUI accident ,either knowing the driver or the victim. I can't say the same for myself, so if the police want to give us a little more protection on this holiday weekend support them don't bash them.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:15 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Wow, alarmist city!!

They are mainly looking out for drunks, so a small annoyance big deal.
Saves lives, not like they are checking fillings or anything!?

If youre tipping them back have someone else drive then you dont have to worry about it.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:37 AM
anciano
Burning Brakes

Followed quickly by hyperventilation.

I can visualize the scene in Philadelphia in 1776, as Jefferson stands up to suggest adding a phrase to the Declaration of Independence: "He (King George III) hath placed upon us the onerous burden of speed limits on our carriages, contrary to the natural law that says all men should proceed at their own God-given pace."

I guess the Founding Fathers had more important things to worry about.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Originally Posted by Old87owner
While I agree in principal that one who trades freedom for security will have neither, I don't think a DUI checkpoint is a platform for tyranny. I've buzzed through two of them this weekend so far....total cost, 5 minutes of my time. No liquor on breath, no issues.

Every holiday weekend we get a cross section of humanity that thinks it's OK to get tanked up and endanger everybody's lives. A few times, it ends in disaster.

Driving is a privilege, not a right.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Kmcoldcars
Melting Slicks

Received 285 Likes on 134 Posts

Our son was killed in a car accident. You do not want that happening to you. If the LEOs get some drunk or dangerous drivers off the road, that is fine with me.

Last edited by Kmcoldcars; 07-04-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Jon Hekking
Race Director

Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C3 of Year Finalist (stock)

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Wow, alarmist city!!

They are mainly looking out for drunks, so a small annoyance big deal.
Saves lives, not like they are checking fillings or anything!?

If youre tipping them back have someone else drive then you dont have to worry about it.

Small price to pay for everyone else's safety incuding my family.

Get notified of new replies

To I finally got pulled over in the vette tonight...

Old 07-04-2011, 11:30 AM
zr-1 guy
Pro

Originally Posted by 5abivt
Hope it works for you. Ive always been honest and it usually puts a smile on their face and say to be careful etc etc. Maybe they like it when they see a musclecar sliding sideways for 100 feet on a freeway onramp
been working out fine for me for years, I don't tell them what I was doing wrong, I don't tell them I'm carrying a gun, I don't tell them anything other then where my license is and if I can reach for it. If i'm getting pulled over for speeding there's not a damn chance he'll be letting me go because I was nice to him.

funny how the cops crack down on us on a weekend we celebrate being "free"
Old 07-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Sweet 90
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking

Small price to pay for everyone else's safety incuding my family.

It's painfully obvious that informing, fining and jailing people not to drink and drive isn't working. If anyone knows a better way to keep drunks off the road, I would imagine the police and politicians would be all ears
Old 07-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Originally Posted by zr-1 guy
funny how the cops crack down on us on a weekend we celebrate being "free"
Again.....driving an automobile is a privilege, not a constitutional right. With that privilege comes responsibility, and an agreement to follow the rules. One of those rules states that you can't get lit up, get behind the wheel, and endanger those whom I hold dear. The police have been charged with the responsibility to ensure that these rules are followed.

If you don't want to get stopped in a roadblock and checked for sobriety, you don't have to......just don't drive. End of problem.

Quick Reply: I finally got pulled over in the vette tonight...