C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Corvette Warehouse - Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 04:12 AM
Nitro Junkie
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corvette Warehouse - Dallas

I was in Dallas last week for a company meeting. On the way to Love, we passed Corvette Warehouse off 35E. Just got a quick look, but looked like 40 - 50 vettes inside. Anybody familiar with them?
Old 04-24-2002, 11:42 AM
The Gooch
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Default Re: Corvette Warehouse - Dallas (Nitro Junkie)

Yeah. I'd be careful with them. Their prices seem really good, but from what I understand, alot of their stuff has been repaired, if you know what I mean. They also stock high mileage cars.
Old 04-24-2002, 12:18 PM
Thumper
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Corvette Warehouse - Dallas (GWH)

If it was on the Northbound service road just north of Beltline Rd that place used to be "Corvettes of Dallas". I have never bought a car from them but I have been in there a few times and it looks like they have some decent cars, Corvettes of Dallas did. Now there used to be a place off I-35 just south of 635 on the southbound service road that I think was called Corvette Wharehouse. That place sold nothing but High priced junk!!!
Old 04-24-2002, 12:44 PM
SPD DMN
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Corvette Warehouse - Dallas (Thumper)

Corvette Warehouse is the place that sells the repaired and basically beat on vehicles well above their value. I-35 and Royal...stay away...far away.

Corvette World is who bought out Corvettes of Dallas. They are a reputable company that I would not hessitate to do business with.
Old 04-24-2002, 02:20 PM
Planetcavy
Intermediate

Default Re: Corvette Warehouse - Dallas (Vette92)

Oh oh--we bought our Corvette from them. They had the color we wanted, so we bought from them (1990 Quasar Blue automatic coupe). It had the records from the most recent owner inside--for the past four years--but nothing before that). I'm sure we paid more than we should have--to get a blue one--but it seems to be in good shape. Should I be worried???
Linda
Old 04-24-2002, 02:25 PM
The Gooch
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Default Re: Corvette Warehouse - Dallas (Planetcavy)

Oh oh--we bought our Corvette from them.
From Corvette Warehouse or Corvettes of Dallas :yesnod:
Old 04-24-2002, 02:59 PM
Planetcavy
Intermediate

Default Re: Corvette Warehouse - Dallas (GWH)

Yes, it was Corvette Warehouse. Of course I am distressed to hear that the vehicle I purchased may have been "worked on"--but we wanted that color, and if we'd found it from a private party, or on e-bay, we'd have still bought it--and it might still have been "worked on" and they wouldn't have had to be truthful with us!
I already know we paid a little more than we should have (blinded by the blue!) What I DID like about them was that they were very courteous to me--and willing to hold it, and work with me on financing. Other dealers I visited didn't take me seriously (I'm a woman--and I've bought only new cars in the past--this is my first "pre-owned" vehicle purchase).
I've been reading the Forum, and posting a few times, and it sounds like all Corvettes need TLC--and some of them need more work than others, depending on the year/model. Hopefully we can overcome anything that may go wrong--and we plan to enjoy it for many years!
Linda [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-24-2002, 09:45 PM
thrills
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Moderatrix
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Linda don't sweat it too much. I personally know someone who's car is there on consignment. This is THE car I wanted to buy but at the time he was not selling (which was why we bought the Ruby.) Their cars looked ok when I went in there to look as it with a friend. There were a few that were rough but plenty that looked good too. As long as car fax and your mechanic check out, you're fine!
Old 04-26-2002, 08:31 AM
aj1988
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The place you are talking about has gone thru several different owners and names. When it first opened, it was a garage/parts place with an independent dealer, Corvettes by Wes. Wes moved his operation out to Colleyville when the business was sold to Visone (sp). They tried to expand from just the East Coast location and the location had their name for about 3 or 4 years.

If you are looking for a Vette dealership in the DFW area, you really have only two choices. Corvette World on 283 in Irving or Corvettes of Dallas (?) on I-35 in Carrollton. Corvettes by Wes was sold around 5 years ago and from what my son has told me they are now selling a variety of different cars, not just Vettes.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:45 AM
96 Collector Edition
Safety Car

[QUOTE]Yes, it was Corvette Warehouse. Of course I am distressed to hear that the vehicle I purchased may have been "worked on"--but we wanted that color, and if we'd found it from a private party, or on e-bay, we'd have still bought it--and it might still have been "worked on" and they wouldn't have had to be truthful with us!
I already know we paid a little more than we should have (blinded by the blue!)

Hey.....I paid too much for my CE too.....guess I was "blinded by the silver!)...first Vette too and all......but hey....now I HAVE that baby!!!!! :D :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:
Old 04-26-2002, 11:43 AM
SPD DMN
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Corvette Warehouse - Dallas (aj1988)

you really have only two choices. Corvette World on 283 in Irving or Corvettes of Dallas (?) on I-35 in Carrollton
Corvette World closed down off of 183 about 16 months ago. They went to Hurst for a short while and then to San Antonio for a while but are now back and they bought out the front half of Corvettes of Dallas. The guy who owns COD still has the repair shops, but the car sales are now Corvette World, hence the sign change.

Corvette Warehouse may have changed the way they do business. I went looking for a Corvette and when I told them I may not buy for a month or two they would not even let me test drive any of their vehicles. I should have driven the Aqua by two weeks later just to flip them the finger on loosing a sale. If you like your car and there has not been anything wrong with it, it is possible you got a good one. Keep the sunny side up.

Chris
Old 04-26-2002, 01:20 PM
2HIP4U
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: Corvette Warehouse - Dallas (Vette92)

I bought my Ruby from Corvettes of Dallas and have
few complaints. I learned later from the previous owner,
(MIKEZ40) that he had traded it in with two tops. This
fact was not revealed to me by the dealership.

Jeff, the parts guy is first rate and the prices through
this department are good. As with any business:
Buyer beware...

:seeya
Old 04-26-2002, 02:24 PM
VetteNoob
Le Mans Master

Friend of mine has bought 2 from them. A 75 (I think) vert and a 88 vert. Both of the cars were really nice. The 88 needs a new top, but the car is in good shape. They even drove the 88 down to Austin from Dallas and drove his 75 trade-in back to Dallas. But I do think the only reason they did that was because he had called them one weekend and said he was on his way to Dallas to look at a 3X white and to make sure it was still there and to hold it. The guy said no problem. When he got there the tard had sold it in the time it took him to drive to Dallas.

[Modified by VetteNoob, 12:25 PM 4/26/2002]
Old 09-23-2011, 12:09 PM
hmgcreative
Cruising

Default Corvette Warehouse

Beware of these guys, they are shady. I bought a vet from them this last weekend and 10 minutes after leaving a service light came on. I have since emailed and called them in an effort to resolve the issue and basically I've been told to shove it (once a car leaves their lot they claim that they no longer hold any liability). IF YOU BUY A CAR FROM THE CORVETTE WAREHOUSE DON'T EXPECT ANY SERVICE OR CUSTOMER SERVICE AFTER THE SALE...
Old 09-23-2011, 12:29 PM
j-vette
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by hmgcreative
Beware of these guys, they are shady. I bought a vet from them this last weekend and 10 minutes after leaving a service light came on. I have since emailed and called them in an effort to resolve the issue and basically I've been told to shove it (once a car leaves their lot they claim that they no longer hold any liability). IF YOU BUY A CAR FROM THE CORVETTE WAREHOUSE DON'T EXPECT ANY SERVICE OR CUSTOMER SERVICE AFTER THE SALE...
I think if you try hard enough you can find an even older thread to post to...
Old 09-23-2011, 12:36 PM
hmgcreative
Cruising

Originally Posted by j-vette
I think if you try hard enough you can find an even older thread to post to...
Just keeping it alive, j-vette! As long as google is still indexing pages and displaying them within the search results I think it's import to keep the thread up to date.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,009 Likes on 2,528 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

You're both right. Here we have a valid thread started LONG ago. The recent poster has an apparently valid update which can help potential buyers - it seems this is still a place to beware.

BUT - for whatever reason forum rules prohibit bringing back threads over 45 days old. I guess the "legit" thing to do is start a NEW thread and maybe link to the OLD thread as a point of information.

Seems like more work than it's worth - we have a valid productive contribution here, seems a disservice to say it's not OK to mention it.

Just my 2 cent's worth.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Warehouse - Dallas

Old 09-23-2011, 02:06 PM
jon0108
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What, no test drive?
Old 09-23-2011, 02:11 PM
RedGS
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my first vette from Corvette warehouse about 8 years ago and it was a 1 owner car that never had been hurt or had paintwork done. I had arranged financing through my bank with them on a Friday and was supposed to pick up a 92 black rose car that Sat. morning. I got up there and they had sold it to someone else 30 minutes before I got there. I was young and eager so I settled on a turquoise metallic 91 coupe they had which I eventually grew attached to, but it really ticked me off that they sold the car despite my bank sending them drafting for it the day before.

The other sad thing was 3 years later I tried to buy another vette from them and I called, emailed, called again and again......never returned my phone calls or emails in a 2 week period so I bought one from a friend here locally. I understand if they are busy, but I had cash in my hand ready to buy and they never even gave me the light of day.

They have finance options on their side that make it possible for the average Joe to buy a vette, so they price their cars higher knowing they can get it. They wont be getting any of my business again.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:44 PM
j-vette
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Just keeping it alive, j-vette! As long as google is still indexing pages and displaying them within the search results I think it's import to keep the thread up to date.
I hear ya...

Quick Reply: Corvette Warehouse - Dallas