Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Things I learned about my 94 today....

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 08:34 PM
astepup
Melting Slicks

Received 1,809 Likes on 670 Posts

Default Things I learned about my 94 today....

after picking it up from the shop doing the upper radiator hoses. They unhooked the battery to move the alt bracket, and when they reconnected it...well...apparently the car has an aftermarket alarm system and they didn't know how to shut it off. Called me and I had no idea it was even in the car. Finally got it to settle down and all's well, that is as long as when I go to start it in a couple of days the battery's not dead. ANYway this got me to thinking about what else I don't know about my vette so after 2 years of ownership I finally went through all the paperwork that came with the car.....wow.

In '96...Hatch and upper windshield w/strip replaced.
Both door window guides replaced.
Brake Bias spring installed.
Throttle performance switch installed.
Bose Gold stereo was serviced with new capacitors, main board,
power board and cassette belts replaced.
AND it also got an "air foil" for the TPI...oh goody

In '97...New power antenna.

In '07...New Diehard battery.

In '08...Intake manifold gaskets replaced along with a power steering
hose.

And to "top" it all off...apparently in 2004 the original acrylic top was either replaced or repaired by...you guessed it...Astro. Now I've had the car two years to date and have had zero problems with the top so far. The only things the PO did was the battery and intake gaskets, everything else was done by the original owner apparently. But to have to replace w/strip that's only two years old????? Maybe the build quality wasn't as good as I thought it was in 94 if that many things needed replacing in such a short time. Oh and I guess the car's got an Apache T-600 alarm system...still need to research that one a bit.

astepup said that
Old 06-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Illini Al
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Wow, you got some nice documentation on it. I got zero with my '96 last year. I keep meticulous records on all my cars, but surprisingly, whenever I've sold one, no one has cared to look at them or have them.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Tommy T-Bone
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

I uncovered an accident to the right front fender, hood and wheel assembly. Runs fine with no shakes shimmies or unusal tire wear. The accident was 16 years ago . No harm. It'll never be a collector anyway. Got my original delivery paperwork and found it came with the blue acrylic top. It had when I bought it and still has a white matching top. Only goes to show ...... It's always sumthin.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Blue 92
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
CI 3-4, 8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10

Originally Posted by Tommy T-Bone
I uncovered an accident to the right front fender, hood and wheel assembly.
When I bought my 92 in May of 99 Carfax listed a "Pedestrian Related Accident" to the left front. Car has over spray in a few spots under the hood.

Funny part is that just for fun I ran another Carfax late in 2008. No more "Pedestrian Related Accident" listed.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:06 PM
ch@0s
Le Mans Master

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

CarFox

Old 06-18-2011, 01:28 PM
kyyote
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ch@0s
CarFox

Oh, yeah. She needs some help.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:20 PM
socalman
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

If you get a GM dealer to run a 'warranty/repair' report for most Vettes, you'll find a nice pile of work that was done under warranty- C5s, C6s included.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:16 PM
kenv
Le Mans Master

Location: levittown pa. usa Even a bad day with my `Vette, is better than a good day at work
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I got a box full of reciepts when I got my `90. Its a long story, but I added up the reciepts & believe it or not, the owner before the one I got the car from invested over thirty thousand dollars in the car, not including the price of the car (used). I had to have the car just for the story. Oh yeah, right after getting the car where he wanted it, that owner died at 27 yrs old. all the work was done in the mid to late 90s, & the guy I got it from had it willed to him. He was not a car guy, & the car sat in his garage for years til I got it. I`m still trying to straighten it out from sitting that long

Last edited by kenv; 06-19-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Things I learned about my 94 today....

Quick Reply: Things I learned about my 94 today....