C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

ECM bracket on LT4

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Elrick
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ECM bracket on LT4

Just got my new vette home and going through it. Noticed that the ECM, I think thats what it is, just sits on top of the battery. There is a rubber bracket that holds it next to the hood latch but you could pics it right up. Is something missing here or does the hood hold it down when you close it. I don't see any broken brackets or missing pieces. Thanks
Old 04-09-2011, 10:29 PM
RollaMo-LT4
Race Director

Received 142 Likes on 117 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

It should not just be laying there lose.

Not sure if this picture will help you much, but it should be solidly mounted.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Elrick
Drifting

can anyone describe what and where it's attached to. I can't really tell in that pics. I am guessing that the housing has to secure it to the engine bay somewhere. Oh and I guess it's called the PCM, sorry about that. Thanks for the pic though
Old 04-10-2011, 07:09 PM
RollaMo-LT4
Race Director

Originally Posted by Elrick
can anyone describe what and where it's attached to. I can't really tell in that pics. I am guessing that the housing has to secure it to the engine bay somewhere. Oh and I guess it's called the PCM, sorry about that. Thanks for the pic though
Ok, I took a few more pictures for you. I also pulled the PCM out of it's holder so you could see how it is attached.
It is a one piece bracket, and molded to hold the PCM perfectly.
There are two screws at the front of the PCM, holding it to the bracket.
Sorry, but I don't know what the part number is or even if it's still available.

Last edited by RollaMo-LT4; 07-31-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:46 PM
RollaMo-LT4
Race Director

can anyone describe what and where it's attached to. I can't really tell in that pics.
So, did the second set of pictures I took help you?
I can take more if needed.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Elrick
Drifting

Originally Posted by RollaMo-LT4
So, did the second set of pictures I took help you?
I can take more if needed.
Yes they helped. My PCM is in that bracket but the only thing attching that bracket is a rubber piece that bolts next to the hood latch. The bracket just sits on top of the mast cylinder, Power brake booster, and the cruise control. It doesn't fasten to anything but the piece of rubber. Is this correct? What I can't see in you pics is how and where that bracket attaches. Basically, I can lift up the whole thing, PCM in the bracket,and if I want to remove it I would just unbolt that rubber fastner. Seems like there should be something else holding the bracket on. Hopefully this makes sense to you.Thanks for the pics
Old 04-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Elrick
Drifting

That is a nice, clean engine bay. I have a lot of work to do to get mine like that. Thats the fun stuff for me
Old 04-13-2011, 03:42 PM
RollaMo-LT4
Race Director

Yes they helped. My PCM is in that bracket but the only thing attching that bracket is a rubber piece that bolts next to the hood latch. The bracket just sits on top of the mast cylinder, Power brake booster, and the cruise control. It doesn't fasten to anything but the piece of rubber. Is this correct? What I can't see in you pics is how and where that bracket attaches. Basically, I can lift up the whole thing, PCM in the bracket,and if I want to remove it I would just unbolt that rubber fastner. Seems like there should be something else holding the bracket on. Hopefully this makes sense to you.Thanks for the pics
Ok, the bracket should not be lose like that.
It is rubber mounted by the hood latch, but you still can't lift it up or move it much. The rubber mounting is to protect against vibrations.

In this picture, I have circled in yellow the bottom support.
The bracket is attached to this support, and the support seems to be attached between the brake booster and firewall. (hard to see exactly).
I would almost bet someone has replaced the brake booster in the past and forgot to attach that bottom support.

You might be able to get a parts guy at your local Chevy dealer to find a part number and diagram of how it's attached, but maybe not since it's so old. Worth asking them though.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:37 AM
Elrick
Drifting

It is rubber mounted by the hood latch, but you still can't lift it up or move it much. The rubber mounting is to protect against vibrations.

The bracket is attached to this support, and the support seems to be attached between the brake booster and firewall. (hard to see exactly).
I would almost bet someone has replaced the brake booster in the past and forgot to attach that bottom support.

You might be able to get a parts guy at your local Chevy dealer to find a part number and diagram of how it's attached, but maybe not since it's so old. Worth asking them though.

yeah, thats what I am missing. Thanks for taking the time to post these pics for me. Just getting familiar with the new vette. Lot of differences from my 86. I'll be looking for that. Don't want my PCM bouncing around hanging by the wires. Thanks again
Old 04-15-2011, 12:07 AM
CE1
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't know but does this help..

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm
put in yr, chevy,corvette checkout electrical, cruise control system, adjuster, brace for diagram

Last edited by CE1; 04-15-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Elrick
Drifting

Just checked it out again. The bracket is actually broken off at the fire wall. Just sheared fiberglass there. Which sucks so I guess I have to rig something up. Thats an expensive computer. Thanks for all the help guys
Old 04-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 101 Likes on 90 Posts

It should not just be laying there lose.

Not sure if this picture will help you much, but it should be solidly mounted.
Uber clean LT4 there
Old 04-16-2011, 05:48 AM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts

I need that pcm metal bracket the attaches to firewall behind brake booster and the plastic pcm mounting housing that cradles the pcm. If you find part#'s please post!
Old 04-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Elrick
Drifting

I have not even bothered looking for the part as I found why it's not on my car. It was torn away from it's mount on the fire wall. I can't reattach one.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:28 PM
Da Dude Man
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is old but I have a 94 and I need the cradle that is in this photo. Any idea on how to locate one?
Old 08-01-2015, 12:19 AM
gdl2165
Pro

Received 116 Likes on 83 Posts

Shoot a message or email to user See4Parts. His name is Pat and his email is vtpartshouse@hotmail.com . Great guy to get parts from, maybe he'll have one.

Get notified of new replies

To ECM bracket on LT4

Quick Reply: ECM bracket on LT4