C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Good headers? Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 12:51 AM
imdaking06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good headers? Help

I have a 91 corvette l98 no mods yet but i have straight pipes magnaflow exhaust i want to get some headers for a decent price and something that can add some power any suggestions?? And how much would it cost to have it installed
Old 03-01-2011, 05:21 AM
HlhnEast
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

You get what you pay for here. Hedman makes a good header in two types. The standard set are fine and the "elite" series is a beefier model with a ceramic coating which I highly recommend. They start at under $200 and go to close to $400 I think. Check Summit.com for pricing and info. You can get more expensive headers from many of the supporting vendors to the left and all will fit your bill and they are high quality and have good fitment. They generally start at around $700 and go up quickly to stainless steel types in the $1500 range.

This is kinda the gas, tires, oil thread. A lot of it is personal preference. The "Search" function is your friend. Click the "Advanced" option, type the word headers and select the C4 Gen or Tech forum. Grab a beverage of your choice and camp out for a few hours to read the multitude of threads on this subject.

BTW, with straight pipes its gonna be LOUD. Your neighbors and local LEO's will love you.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Calderone
Le Mans Master

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HED-68448/
are very good and im very very happy with them !
Old 03-01-2011, 06:16 PM
jimmers
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have Hooker 2151's on mine.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:02 AM
jeffs40thgtp
Racer

sorry but your a dumba** if you buy hedman headers... they suck to put on and they suck for spark plugs they just flat out suck!!!!!and built to damn cheap! hookers are good headers and are not to bad to install but tpis has the best headers hands down... easy to install and easy to do spark plugs, i had to take the hedman off to do my buddys sparkplugs on his 85, i got tpis on my 91 its the only way to go
Old 03-03-2011, 07:43 AM
Calderone
Le Mans Master

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffs40thgtp
sorry but your a dumba** if you buy hedman headers... they suck to put on and they suck for spark plugs they just flat out suck!!!!!and built to damn cheap! hookers are good headers and are not to bad to install but tpis has the best headers hands down... easy to install and easy to do spark plugs, i had to take the hedman off to do my buddys sparkplugs on his 85, i got tpis on my 91 its the only way to go
i don't think everyone will agree, i must be very lucky then
and maybe got a one off special model because Hedman Elite series
were a breeze to install and they make spark plugs a child's play
take the hedman off to swap plugs ? i don't think it's the header's fault man
Old 03-04-2011, 01:34 AM
llong66
Intermediate

They cost a lil more but I dont think you can beat stainless works for fit, finish, plug issues, anything else.

Get notified of new replies

To Good headers? Help

Quick Reply: Good headers? Help