Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Will Corbeau FX1's (not the FX1 Pro's) fit in a '94 C4?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 02:01 PM
gtb75
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Will Corbeau FX1's (not the FX1 Pro's) fit in a '94 C4?

I've done some searching, but haven't found an answer... I just picked up a '94 C4 to use as a dedicated track car, and it needs new seats. It seems FX1 Pro's fit fine in the car, but has anybody tried to put a standard FX1 (slightly wider) in a '94 C4? The FX1's fit me great and while I could probably make the FX1 Pro's work, I'd like to have the extra size if I can pull it off. Based on my measurements, it looks like the standard FX1 would be a tight fit at best. Has anybody been able to get them to fit?

I also posted this in the road race section, but if anybody here has other suggestions on fiberglass seats (don't want to go Kirkey or Ultra-Shield) which would be good for a bigger guy and would fit in a '94 C4, I'd definitely appreciate the feedback

Last edited by gtb75; 09-30-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:58 PM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

bout the widest you can go without doing some mods is 21", and I think you have to mod the e-brake handle for that, theres a vender in forsale that is good bout answering questions.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:09 PM
gtb75
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wanted to post an update... The standard FX1 fits (just)

Keep in mind my car has no carpeting and no parking brake (just removed it), but it just barely fits. I'm using the Corbeau double-locking slide rails and have no problem moving the seat. I will say that there is no way it would have cleared if the parking brake was still in the car. I still need to see if the passenger side fits, but I'm guessing it shouldn't be a problem since there's more room on that side.

Hope this information helps somebody down the road

Get notified of new replies

To Will Corbeau FX1's (not the FX1 Pro's) fit in a '94 C4?

Quick Reply: Will Corbeau FX1's (not the FX1 Pro's) fit in a '94 C4?