...notlookingforareply...
Old 10-06-2010, 10:43 PM
SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
Drifting

Location: Supreme Soviet Peace-Loving Pipple's Kollektive of Seattle Wa
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rodj
Fair enough
Just don't get cranky when you don't get a answer to your question because nobody can UNDERSTAND it

It's all we ask of any fast-food order-taker!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:57 PM
KevinRR
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm 33 and I love texting. I text family members, friends, and even some of my customers (if I think they are phone-saavy enough to receive, read, and reply). It allows you to ask or say small things without making an actual call. If someone is in the store, in a college class, at their desk job or eating lunch and would not otherwise get or take a phone call, they can still see a text message and often reply to it faster.

It's also great for those people you know that like to ramble on and talk blah-blah-blah, when you just want to ask or say something quickly and be done with it. You know if you call the person you're going to be stuck for half an hour minimum, but you can text and get a quick reply and that's the end of it.

It can be good in situations where you need to transfer information like an address, phone number, ebay item number, tracking number, etc. Rather than trying to read and repeat that information over the phone you get it in text so you can refer back to it later and not have to write it down.

If the internet and this forum had been around when the c4 was put into production, you old geezers would be bitching and whining because the car no longer had a carburetor and v-belts, and no 8-track in the dash.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by WW7
Hey Friz,
Remember the good ol days...WW

Ahhh yes....fond memories. It's tough being cast aside for an electronic doo dad.

Originally Posted by SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
probably has his wife screeching at him at the same time!!! Happy Motoring!
Oh, that goes without saying.....and she has a horrified look and a death grip on the arm rests....

Originally Posted by KevinRR

If the internet and this forum had been around when the c4 was put into production, you old geezers would be bitching and whining because the car no longer had a carburetor and v-belts, and no 8-track in the dash.

Yeah, well what would you expect us to do if we had just bought our third copy of "Frampton Comes Alive" on 8 track....and suddenly had no way to play it!!
Old 10-06-2010, 11:15 PM
SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
Drifting

Location: Supreme Soviet Peace-Loving Pipple's Kollektive of Seattle Wa
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinRR
DAMN! No 8-track? No WONDER I couldn't find it!!

Don't forget, us old wheezers and geezers grew up with the scents of aromatic-added gasoline, hot Permatex, and 23 cent gas pumps, open highways and no seatbelts while we flew our road rockets on $10 Cornell tires through the limits of our speedometers while you pups were more than a generation away from daylight...
Old 10-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 644 Likes on 421 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Howz about not texting while behind the wheel,works for me.I dont know how many times Ive behind one of you morons at a light while you text some other moron.The only thing that will put an end to this is when cars start getting towed,thats even better.Didnt mean to hijack your thread but bitchin about some garbled text while somebody is driving a car,really?
Old 10-06-2010, 11:26 PM
msledge50
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default I agree

Originally Posted by Kevin
I'm 33 and I love texting. I text family members, friends, and even some of my customers (if I think they are phone-savvy enough to receive, read, and reply). It allows you to ask or say small things without making an actual call. If someone is in the store, in a college class, at their desk job or eating lunch and would not otherwise get or take a phone call, they can still see a text message and often reply to it faster.

It's also great for those people you know that like to ramble on and talk blah-blah-blah, when you just want to ask or say something quickly and be done with it. You know if you call the person you're going to be stuck for half an hour minimum, but you can text and get a quick reply and that's the end of it.

It can be good in situations where you need to transfer information like an address, phone number, ebay item number, tracking number, etc. Rather than trying to read and repeat that information over the phone you get it in text so you can refer back to it later and not have to write it down.

Some people just complain just because they can't do it,Some people are just not tech smart

Quick Reply: Stop text messaging!