Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

reposed from other site.To the thief stealing gas caps during Corvettes at Carlisle

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 09:35 AM
zandome
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reposed from other site.To the thief stealing gas caps during Corvettes at Carlisle

To the thief stealing gas caps during Corvettes at Carlisle- THIS MESSAGE IS FOR YOU!

Dear Thief-

First, I’d like to thank you for the sleepless night last evening. I could not sleep because I was furious after hearing that for a second year in a row you have stolen vintage Corvette gas caps from wonderful friends and supporters of Corvettes at Carlisle. Ironically enough my team and I should be glowing because we had record numbers throughout our weekend and the weather was downright incredible. However, my mind is in another direction and I’d like to share it with you and the Corvette community as a whole.

Many of you might know that when I have a vision or a dream I go after it. I give my all to succeed. My new mission is to have you caught and put behind bars. I intend to succeed at this too. I’m a firm believer that good things come to good people. And on the other hand - bad things come to bad people. You are a downright bad person. Things might seem wonderful for you now, especially after such a successful weekend of stealing other people’s hard earned property. I’m guessing you’ll most likely try to sell these gas caps – and you’ll probably get some money. What I just don’t understand, and will never understand, is how you can sleep at night knowing how many people you’ve upset this past weekend (9 gas caps were reported stolen this weekend).

To those of you that had your gas caps stolen, please accept my sincere apologies. Please note that in the special display areas such as the 50th Anniversary, we had a security guard on duty all through the evening. However a couple of the owners let me know they felt the thief took the gas caps in the morning, right under our noses. To say I’m upset about this is an understatement.

With all of this said…I’m asking for the entire Corvette community to come together. Let’s join forces and find the person or circle of people that are stealing innocent enthusiasts and businesses owner’s products. If you see somebody that’s taking off a gas cap question find a security guard and tell them. What I enjoy most about the Corvette hobby is the true camaraderie and passion behind it. Again, I’m asking the entire Corvette community to come together as a whole and let’s find the few bad seeds and weed them out. I give you my word I’ll do my best.

If you have any ideas of how we can catch this person, I urge you to email me: lancem@carlisleevents.com.

Thief – if you have a change of heart after reading this letter and you want to return the gas caps – you can ship all of them to me and I will make sure they get back to their rightful owners. You can send the caps to me at the following address: Carlisle Events (attention: Lance Miller), 1000 Bryn Mawr Road; Carlisle PA 17013.

Thank you for your time.

Very aggravated,

Lance Miller
Old 09-02-2010, 01:12 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

What a shame. people can't respect other people's things, now they have to steal or destroy even at car shows.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:18 PM
F22
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 211 Posts

Dear Thief. No thanks here. If we catch you, we will beat you with a combination of weatherstripping and targa top removal ratchets. I will leave the imprint of the ratchet top, permanently on your forehead. You will also have a tough time with constipation as you try to pass a vintage Corvette gas cap from your pathetic behind. Consider yourself lucky if you get just this treatment.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:36 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

I'ld check ebay first
Old 09-02-2010, 01:42 PM
j-vette
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Good luck I hope you get some info!

Old 09-02-2010, 02:25 PM
ddahlgren
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

While not owning anything that is classic I bought a locking cap for my C4 daily driver as it is just to easy for someone sick to add something to the tank to make it a dead dog in it's tracks.. sigh.. This is one of the reasons why people like this person..
Dave
Old 09-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Tommy T-Bone
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

A unified reward might unveil the thief. Once unearthed his picture could be posted at Carlisle for all to see. Somebody knows something. Maybe on a security cam or video?
Old 09-02-2010, 03:56 PM
mdlfcrss
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tommy T-Bone
A unified reward might unveil the thief. Once unearthed his picture could be posted at Carlisle for all to see. Somebody knows something. Maybe on a security cam or video?
Good idea... maybe all who were there and took pictures should check the background of their photos. You never know what you might have caught on film without even realizing it!
Old 09-02-2010, 04:49 PM
zuruduckydoo
Cruising

Craigslist! Found a stolen horse, lost dog, and new car. Easier and more anonymous than e-bay...
Old 09-02-2010, 05:14 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Originally Posted by zuruduckydoo
Craigslist! Found a stolen horse, lost dog, and new car. Easier and more anonymous than e-bay...
Old 09-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Sweet 90
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy T-Bone
And we could have a public

for that ****
Old 09-02-2010, 05:26 PM
jon0108
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That thief should die a terrible and painful death.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:10 PM
kenv
Le Mans Master

Location: levittown pa. usa Even a bad day with my `Vette, is better than a good day at work
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by pologreen1
What a shame. people can't respect other people's things, now they have to steal or destroy even at car shows.
I was at a show one time & some A-hole was going around getting his jollies by scratching the cars on display. Some people should not be allowed to breed.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:40 PM
dogfish246
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mdlfcrss
Good idea... maybe all who were there and took pictures should check the background of their photos. You never know what you might have caught on film without even realizing it!

Hopefully this guy has it coming for him... In the end, bad people get theirs in the end...
Ill keep my eyes peeled to see if he decides to put them all up for sale at once!
Old 09-02-2010, 10:10 PM
j-vette
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by kenv
I was at a show one time & some A-hole was going around getting his jollies by scratching the cars on display. Some people should not be allowed to breed.
And what happened to him...?

Old 09-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kenv
Ya know, joking aside, I like to think of the Corvette community as a big family. A dysfunctional family, perhaps, but a family. Why someone would steal and vandalize from the very people who share their interests is beyond me.

And even then, the stealing.....ok, as deplorable as that is, it's done for the profit motive. That sorta makes sense.....I see the payoff. What is the payoff for vandalizing someone's pride and joy? How does someone get their jollies destroying something another person has put their money, effort, and love into? The vandal gains nothing....except some sick and twisted sense of accomplishment.

One car....OK, maybe that's personal. But several??? And why go to a car show for the sheer purpose of committing something as heinous and hateful as vandalizing the cars on display? Some people are a total waste of toilet paper.

I'm not into imports of any kind....but the thought of going to a ricer car show and intentionally damaging the cars is unthinkable. After all, they're car guys, right? They put the same effort in that we do.

Originally Posted by j-vette
And what happened to him...?

Whatever it was, I hope it was painful. I believe in karma. This ain't over. The wheel WILL come around.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:31 AM
UNCLEBILL
Pro

Unbelieveable !!! Stealing gas caps at a car show. It seems the bar is being set lower for the "Low Lifes"

Get notified of new replies

To reposed from other site.To the thief stealing gas caps during Corvettes at Carlisle

Old 09-03-2010, 08:40 AM
mdlfcrss
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Frizlefrak
And even then, the stealing.....ok, as deplorable as that is, it's done for the profit motive. That sorta makes sense.....I see the payoff. What is the payoff for vandalizing someone's pride and joy? How does someone get their jollies destroying something another person has put their money, effort, and love into? The vandal gains nothing....except some sick and twisted sense of accomplishment.
I'm sure it's some twisted form of jealousy. If the scum that vandalized the cars can't have something that nice, they don't want anybody else to either! People suck!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:53 AM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

He must die!
Old 09-03-2010, 01:14 PM
prinzSD455
Safety Car

Received 110 Likes on 69 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Originally Posted by pologreen1
They are in the same group of people who put there big purses and let the buckle clang into the hood. The same people who lean on someone's car. The same people who let their kids run roughshod all over the car dragging their hand across the car, leaning into the car to look inside and trying to open the door while the mother looks on and laughs or smiles. I saw these situations at a car show withy the kids incident happening to my car. People are clueless or just damn ignorant. Now I know why they rope off cars like Ferarri or Lambos, etc.

Quick Reply: reposed from other site.To the thief stealing gas caps during Corvettes at Carlisle