C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Carlisle C4 let down

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 12:20 AM
uptown193
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by eagleye
Spent all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the Fun Field and can't wait for next year. It isn't always about what you get or can' get at Carlisle, it's what you do at Carlisle that makes it worth the trip. I spent the weekend with my wife and a couple of friends who were there for the same reason, to have a good time. Although they have C3's and did get parts, I picked up a new steering wheel for my 89 on Saturday. It was $200 with new leather on a GM wheel, no Made in China garbage.
I agree. I had a great time watching them install the new mufflers, especially the B&B sets on C5s wow what a difference in sound, it is day and night comparison. I also liked watching them dyno the cars and just walking around. It was a fun filled day. Except for the speeding ticket I got going home on 78.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:19 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,358 Likes on 2,786 Posts

Originally Posted by joesgulfstream
were you at the C4 semenar with Gorden Killag----- on Friday?
Gordon Killebrew.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:18 AM
joesgulfstream
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eagleye
Spent all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the Fun Field and can't wait for next year. It isn't always about what you get or can' get at Carlisle, it's what you do at Carlisle that makes it worth the trip. I spent the weekend with my wife and a couple of friends who were there for the same reason, to have a good time. Although they have C3's and did get parts, I picked up a new steering wheel for my 89 on Saturday. It was $200 with new leather on a GM wheel, no Made in China garbage.
Brad you look stunning as allways.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:23 AM
onedef92
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Anyone got any more pics?
Old 08-30-2010, 10:29 AM
blakngold4life
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the amount of C4 stuff this weekend, I keep hearing about how our generation is neglected and wasn't expecting much at all. I found everything I was looking for aside from reasonably priced headers with emmisions and LED tail lights.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:31 AM
mfi
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's what freaked me out. I found the Magnaflow tent and inquired about getting the rest of the system installed since I had the mufflers already. I would have to get rid of the mufflers and buy the whole system as they do not sell the pipes seperately. The price was great and install was free so I agreed...too bad they sold the ONE system the brought...ONE FRIGGIN SYSTEM FOR A 3 DAY SHOW......unreal...I'm writing them to express my concerns about this. Nothing like watching all the c5's and6's getting worked on....guess we're not worth the effort.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:31 AM
uptown193
Drifting

Originally Posted by onedef92
Anyone got any more pics?

Here are mine.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-g...post1575167425
Old 08-30-2010, 11:34 AM
uptown193
Drifting

Originally Posted by mfi
Here's what freaked me out. I found the Magnaflow tent and inquired about getting the rest of the system installed since I had the mufflers already. I would have to get rid of the mufflers and buy the whole system as they do not sell the pipes seperately. The price was great and install was free so I agreed...too bad they sold the ONE system the brought...ONE FRIGGIN SYSTEM FOR A 3 DAY SHOW......unreal...I'm writing them to express my concerns about this. Nothing like watching all the c5's and6's getting worked on....guess we're not worth the effort.
Wow that is messed up. I guess the C4s are going extinct like the C1, 2 and 3s for new mods.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:04 PM
zr1fred
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

The weather was fantastic, which made it strange that the crowds seemed to be down quite a bit over the last few years, and it seemed to be older (as in about half over 55). Prices seemed to be up too. I spent most of my time in the swap meet section. Most of my sales were to other vendors. I thought my prices would be a little high, but most of the other vendors were 20%-50% higher. I didn't see much in the way of C4 parts, and I had very few people asking for them at my space even though about half of my parts were C4. For example, I had two 84-89 instrument clusters, and i don't think more than 6 people even looked at them or even asked about the price ($300). My impression was that people were looking for specific parts, and not much else. I didn't see nearly as many people pulling carts or wagons as in the past. Last few years I ran out of money, this year I took most of it home with me. Cars in the for sale section seemed to be quite a bit higher than (what I perceived) as market, and there seemed to be about a third as many as what normally would be offered, and a good percentage of those were dealers. All in all, I don't know if the problem is the economy or an aging customer base. Probably both. Just my impressions...
Old 08-30-2010, 04:26 PM
mfi
Le Mans Master

I found the prices on the cars to be very high..guess they didn't want to sell them.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mfi
I found the prices on the cars to be very high..guess they didn't want to sell them.
I sat by Gate 1 at the end of the day sunday. I was amazed at the amount of cars (that were for sale) that went home without new owners.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:52 PM
mfi
Le Mans Master

You know what I ended up buying.....TOWELS..microfiber towels..cause they didn't have very much for c4's.....I even wrote a letter to Magnaflow about my little experience with them....
Oh and I test drove a new grand Sport....I think they have refined the vette out of it...damn thing is dead silent and just tooooooo comfy...then again I only got up to 40 with it...
Old 08-30-2010, 05:26 PM
CMYC4GO
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by corvetteronw
I found most of the tools and parts I need but have not found the elusive 92-96 instrument cluster. !
Don't know why you would think that. Can't swing a dead cat without finding one on ebay.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:06 PM
jbutta
Instructor

all this talk about high prices and a lack of parts... Let's get to the important stuff. Whose got the pics of the miss carlisle contest???
Old 08-30-2010, 08:50 PM
joesgulfstream
Drifting

Originally Posted by jbutta
all this talk about high prices and a lack of parts... Let's get to the important stuff. Whose got the pics of the miss carlisle contest???
Cruise night thursday at Cerenovas across from neshaminy mall near Home Depot. Liberty region corvette club.

Last edited by joesgulfstream; 08-30-2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-30-2010, 09:23 PM
jbutta
Instructor

i might have to pass on that one. i think i'm going over to trenton thunder, to get my son a bobblehead.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:54 AM
FOURSPEEDVETTE
Safety Car

Received 224 Likes on 156 Posts

No more trips to Carlilse for me. For the past few years it's all C5 and C6 stuff. Someone there really needs to get the idea there are other years of Corvettes that need parts and tech support. Real waste of gas and money if you ask me.

Get notified of new replies

To Carlisle C4 let down

Old 08-31-2010, 10:19 AM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete K
I sat by Gate 1 at the end of the day sunday. I was amazed at the amount of cars (that were for sale) that went home without new owners.

Too many people watching Barret Jackson and believing that represents real life.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:26 AM
uptown193
Drifting

Originally Posted by FOURSPEEDVETTE
No more trips to Carlilse for me. For the past few years it's all C5 and C6 stuff. Someone there really needs to get the idea there are other years of Corvettes that need parts and tech support. Real waste of gas and money if you ask me.
I have to admit that there were not many vendors selling parts and/or accessories for the C4s. I was in the MAM tent and was looking for some floor mats but they were out of them except for some beige or red ones. I wanted black, I also wanted to get a K&N filter and even a California Duster but nobody was selling anything. Most of the stuff was for C5 and C6. Corvette Central did not even have a tent to sell stuff. In the end I had a good time looking at the cars and installation of exhausts and cars being dyno'd. The food was good to. I do wish they pave those roads so all the dust wont be getting on our cars. I saw cars there full of dust, even mine, and people had to continuously dust down their cars. This was my first time going there and I kind of expected a little more, but how much more is enough, I have no idea. It was a beautiful day out and a great ride to and from. I would do it again just for the ride. I bought my Vette to drive and enjoy. I just wish the corvette forum members I met up with to go their did not leave me there alone and then say they forgot about me.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:26 AM
uptown193
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chevy Guy
Too many people watching Barret Jackson and believing that represents real life.
That is funny.

Quick Reply: Carlisle C4 let down