Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Hagerty Insurance, What do you know about this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Redghost
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10
Default Hagerty Insurance, What do you know about this?

I live in Southern California and have AAA insurance. I'm getting fed up with the rates going higher and higher. I'm thinking about going with Hagerty but wondering how good it is. Anybody have any comments, good or bad?

Old 08-20-2010, 11:47 AM
jrzvette
Safety Car

Location: The reason time exists is so everything doesn't happen at once
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Redghost
I live in Southern California and have AAA insurance. I'm getting fed up with the rates going higher and higher. I'm thinking about going with Hagerty but wondering how good it is. Anybody have any comments, good or bad?

I may be wrong but I think Hagerty is a specialty insurer. If so, make sure you can get full coverage and find out what restrictions, if any, they put on the use of your ride.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:54 AM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

I called them and they would only give me 4k miles a year and you must have a daily driver. NCM beat their price and gave me 6k miles per year, but you still need a daily driver. Can't beat the price either, insured both my vette and 80 CJ7 for under $300. Both with full coverage, zero deductable and an agreed amount value. Call Adam Boca. He's also a forum member.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:00 PM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

National Corvette Museum.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Redghost
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by kimmer
National Corvette Museum.

I'll try them for a quote.

Thanks to All

Old 08-20-2010, 12:59 PM
jrzvette
Safety Car

Location: The reason time exists is so everything doesn't happen at once
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=kimmer;1575068731]I called them and they would only give me 4k miles a year and you must have a daily driver. NCM beat their price and gave me 6k miles per year, but you still need a daily driver. /QUOTE]

Any insurer that insures a "specialty" vehicle is going to require that you have another car. Their rates are usually low because they assume you are either always with the car (i.e. you don't take it to the mall to go shopping or leave it at the train station) or it is in a secure location (a locked garage).
Old 08-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Redghost
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '10

Well, I have found, that for me, the insurance from NCM is alittle bit less. They have mileage limits at 1000, 3000 & 6000 where Hagerty says that they don't have mileage limits. They say that as long as you drive it to car shows, relaxing weekend drives and etc, (not a daily driver)there is no limits. (There's got to be something ?????, do you think).

The problem? My daily driver is a 2005 Ford F150 and I have a "multi-car policy discount", with them. If I drop the Vette, I lose that discount and it will cost me more then if I make the change. Now, I need to find some company that will insurance the Ford truck without the blood.

Going
Old 08-20-2010, 03:25 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Hagerty wants too much but they are reliable.

Do NOT tell them the power your car makes they will jack up the rate on that alone found that out the hard way,

"I dont know"
Old 08-20-2010, 04:25 PM
ejscarfo
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had Hagerty from day one on my 85. I have the agreed value coverage at $10,000 and I pay $225 a year. Unlimited mileage and roadside assistance as well. Like as stated before, you can't use the car as daily driver, you must have at least one other car, and it must be stored in garage or other secure location. They have been great to deal with and so far, no one else can beat their premium.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:06 PM
kenv
Le Mans Master

Location: levittown pa. usa Even a bad day with my `Vette, is better than a good day at work
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Hagerty was ok, but I actualy got a better deal from my regular insurer- State Farm. My `87 has an agreed on value of $12,000- cost $123 every 6 mo. & my `90 has an agreed on value of $26,000- cost $175 every 6 months. Just cant use them as a DD.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:42 AM
samsonb
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I called them and they would only give me 4k miles a year and you must have a daily driver. NCM beat their price and gave me 6k miles per year, but you still need a daily driver. Can't beat the price either, insured both my vette and 80 CJ7 for under $300. Both with full coverage, zero deductable and an agreed amount value. Call Adam Boca. He's also a forum member.
Are there any restrictions with regards to how you store the car when not driving it?
Old 08-21-2010, 01:43 AM
samsonb
Safety Car

Originally Posted by kenv
Hagerty was ok, but I actualy got a better deal from my regular insurer- State Farm. My `87 has an agreed on value of $12,000- cost $123 every 6 mo. & my `90 has an agreed on value of $26,000- cost $175 every 6 months. Just cant use them as a DD.
That is a good price. What are the restrictions?
Old 08-22-2010, 12:22 AM
MyOtherCar
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

UNDER $300, for a 12 month period, both vehicles, full coverage, zero deduct and agreed value?? That almost sounds too good.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:50 AM
romankrzy
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joshwilson3
Are there any restrictions with regards to how you store the car when not driving it?
When I was shopping for my 82 MB the restrictions were insane. Very low miles per year, need a daily driver, MUST be garaged 100% of off road time, NO secondary drivers. I finally went with our standard insurance which I put the Vette under also.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Steve D
Instructor

Well, I have found, that for me, the insurance from NCM is alittle bit less. They have mileage limits at 1000, 3000 & 6000 where Hagerty says that they don't have mileage limits. They say that as long as you drive it to car shows, relaxing weekend drives and etc, (not a daily driver)there is no limits. (There's got to be something ?????, do you think).

The problem? My daily driver is a 2005 Ford F150 and I have a "multi-car policy discount", with them. If I drop the Vette, I lose that discount and it will cost me more then if I make the change. Now, I need to find some company that will insurance the Ford truck without the blood.

Going
That's exactly why the big insurance companies do a bundle on all your cars & homeowners policy. If you get a cheaper quote on one vehicle, you'll lose your discount and it's usually a wash savings wise.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Steve D
Instructor

Originally Posted by MyOtherCar
UNDER $300, for a 12 month period, both vehicles, full coverage, zero deduct and agreed value?? That almost sounds too good.

I'll try them for a quote.

Thanks to All

NCM has wayyyyyyyyyy too many Eligibility Requirements! It's a wonder anyone meets 'em.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:10 AM
Lrod
Burning Brakes

I filed a claim with hagerty and will be sending the quote in tomorrow morning. They said one quote from the shop of my choice, if there are any questions they would send their own adjuster. So far so good, I'll keep in touch.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:09 PM
samsonb
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Lrod
I filed a claim with hagerty and will be sending the quote in tomorrow morning. They said one quote from the shop of my choice, if there are any questions they would send their own adjuster. So far so good, I'll keep in touch.
What happened? Wreck?

Get notified of new replies

To Hagerty Insurance, What do you know about this?

Quick Reply: Hagerty Insurance, What do you know about this?