Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Bad Experience with Just Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 08:29 PM
NMsharkracer
Drifting

Location: Formerly from the Great White North but now residing in the Desert Southwest NM (The Land of Dis-Enchantment?)
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What's unfortunate is the guys at Corvette Recyclers originally recommended them to me. They're a class act; I wonder if they know just how bad Just Corvettes is?
Old 08-01-2010, 09:41 PM
kenv
Le Mans Master

Location: levittown pa. usa Even a bad day with my `Vette, is better than a good day at work
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Frizlefrak
If you want a good Corvette only salvage yard, contact Dino's. They're friendly, fair, and the parts are as advertised. I've been dealing with them for over a decade.
There`s a place right around me called Contemporary Corvette www.contemporarycorvette.com, I have been dealing with them for the last 11 years & have had no problems. Its a Corvette/F body/ GTO junky---errr. auto parts recycling yard. They have over 300 Vette wrecks & as far as I know, Ron Desmit (the owner) is a stand up guy & stands behind anything he sells.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Riks40th
Drifting

Location: St. Louis, Mo......... 1993 Torch Red w/White Interior...2006-07 Bloomington Gold 2005-ZR1/C4 Gathering, 2001-2012 Funfest
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bad Experience with Just Corvettes

Have you heard back from them yet?

Last edited by Riks40th; 08-02-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:09 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I sent Just Corvettes a link to this thread. We'll see if he responds
Old 08-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Mouse2112
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-03-2010, 12:48 PM
j-vette
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by ZR-71
Old 08-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by j-vette
They don't exactly have a great BBB rating either. Sounds like the OP wasn't the first to be ripped off and messed around...

http://www.bbb.org/stlouis/business-...s-mo-110213821
Old 08-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Vette Jockey
Roadster Madness. 😠
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,524 Likes on 867 Posts
SoCal Regional Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '13, '20-'21

Originally Posted by ZR-71
Old 08-03-2010, 01:52 PM
j-vette
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Vette Daddy

Yeah anytime I can, I use BBB to do a little check. If the record is anything other than stellar I move on. Turns out there are many places willing to take my corvette dollar. No need dealing with a firm that continuously fails.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:55 PM
JustCorvettes
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is an OFFICIAL statement from Just Corvettes, the company in question on this forum posting. For confidentiality we will use the customers screen name on the forum when replying to his comments regarding our company. The C4 Red Targa Top was up for sale on eBay for $450.00 advertised with LARGE photos of both sides of the top; Mr. Wiot offered us $375.00 for the top and we agreed on the sale. We also spoke with Mr. Wiot on the phone letting him know that he might need an aftermarket bracket kit, and Mr. Wiot agreed that he would be able to provide that and take care of all necessary adjustments.

Mr. Wiot ordered a used C4 bright red Targa top from us on June 15, 2010. It was sent via UPS Ground subsequently on June 18, 2010. According to the UPS tracking number it was received by Mr. Wiot on June 22, 2010 at 12:08 p.m. If you look at a particular picture in Mr. Wiot’s albums posted on the forum you will see that he did install the exact Targa top we sent him and subsequently uploaded this picture http://forums.corvetteforum.com/albu...ictureid=56446 on June 24, 2010. If Mr. Wiot has removed the picture by the time you have read this for liability issues; then we have screen-shoted the picture onto a word document as proof. You can clearly see by the description and date of upload that this was the very Targa top sent to him.

Two to three weeks later after he received and installed the top and sold it to another member, he decided that the top was no good and that “someone” had drilled out the top and it would not fit “his” corvette. For whatever the reason, we received the merchandise back in a damaged condition in its original cardboard box (which is not to be used more than once for any reason because cardboard boxes gather moisture and lose their strength) with no bubble wrap or appropriate protection of any kind. The original package shipped to Mr. Wiot was then shipped by Mr. Wiot to another person 800 miles away and was subsequently returned to us in the exact same cardboard box from the person that Mr. Wiot had shipped it to with two very small pieces of padding (see photos); which is not at all adequate for such a precious corvette part. As a result of the package being shipped three separate times in the same cardboard box there was a large gash in the box and damage to the Targa Top deeming the part unsellable. We also received the Targa Top without the front mounting brackets in the return box.

Since Mr. Wiot bought a product from Just Corvettes, resold it, then claimed that the product did not fit “his” corvette and tried to return a damaged product he will not receive a refund. We were originally going to send him another Targa Top, because we do honor a 30 day return policy, but after learning of his deceptive practices and receiving the product in an unsellable condition we will not tolerate this type of transaction. We do not appreciate the slander of our company on this website and we are considering litigation procedures. Mr. Wiot did return the product, but without authorization to do so (had it been authorized we would have sent him a call tag for free return shipping) and as we are an exceedingly fair company to those who do not try to manipulate us, since Mr. Wiot has still paid for the Targa Top, he is free to come to our store and pick up his damaged part. However, we will not pay for shipping to send his product back to Nebraska or Texas or whomever he wishes to send the part to this time.

In regards to the telephone conversation where the owner of Just Corvettes hung up on Mr. Wiot we give the following explanation: Mr. Wiot had been placing harassing phone calls to our employees demanding that we drop all other customer needs at that moment and focus attention on him. Mr. Wiot resorted to slandering the company and the making inappropriate comments. Thus, the owner, Dan, refused to listen to his harassment any more and subsequently hung up on him.

Please see the photos attached and their descriptions.

Ebay pic #1

Ebay Pic #2

Ebay pic #3

As you can see they are very detailed !!

This is the box when we recieved it

This pic shows the damage to the top due his packing !! Selling the top to a third party before trying to return it !!

This is the photo he posted of the top on his car to sell it here on this very forum !!

Old 08-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Old 08-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Relic
Burning Brakes

Very interesting. Just Corvettes has taken a serious beating on this thread. The reply is very detailed.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:26 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by justcorvettes
this is an official statement from just corvettes, the company in question on this forum posting. For confidentiality we will use the customers screen name on the forum when replying to his comments regarding our company. The c4 red targa top was up for sale on ebay for $450.00 advertised with large photos of both sides of the top; mr. Wiot offered us $375.00 for the top and we agreed on the sale. We also spoke with mr. Wiot on the phone letting him know that he might need an aftermarket bracket kit, and mr. Wiot agreed that he would be able to provide that and take care of all necessary adjustments.

Mr. Wiot ordered a used c4 bright red targa top from us on june 15, 2010. It was sent via ups ground subsequently on june 18, 2010. According to the ups tracking number it was received by mr. Wiot on june 22, 2010 at 12:08 p.m. If you look at a particular picture in mr. Wiot’s albums posted on the forum you will see that he did install the exact targa top we sent him and subsequently uploaded this picture http://forums.corvetteforum.com/albu...ictureid=56446 on june 24, 2010. If mr. Wiot has removed the picture by the time you have read this for liability issues; then we have screen-shoted the picture onto a word document as proof. You can clearly see by the description and date of upload that this was the very targa top sent to him.

Two to three weeks later after he received and installed the top and sold it to another member, he decided that the top was no good and that “someone” had drilled out the top and it would not fit “his” corvette. For whatever the reason, we received the merchandise back in a damaged condition in its original cardboard box (which is not to be used more than once for any reason because cardboard boxes gather moisture and lose their strength) with no bubble wrap or appropriate protection of any kind. The original package shipped to mr. Wiot was then shipped by mr. Wiot to another person 800 miles away and was subsequently returned to us in the exact same cardboard box from the person that mr. Wiot had shipped it to with two very small pieces of padding (see photos); which is not at all adequate for such a precious corvette part. As a result of the package being shipped three separate times in the same cardboard box there was a large gash in the box and damage to the targa top deeming the part unsellable. We also received the targa top without the front mounting brackets in the return box.

Since mr. Wiot bought a product from just corvettes, resold it, then claimed that the product did not fit “his” corvette and tried to return a damaged product he will not receive a refund. We were originally going to send him another targa top, because we do honor a 30 day return policy, but after learning of his deceptive practices and receiving the product in an unsellable condition we will not tolerate this type of transaction. We do not appreciate the slander of our company on this website and we are considering litigation procedures. Mr. Wiot did return the product, but without authorization to do so (had it been authorized we would have sent him a call tag for free return shipping) and as we are an exceedingly fair company to those who do not try to manipulate us, since mr. Wiot has still paid for the targa top, he is free to come to our store and pick up his damaged part. However, we will not pay for shipping to send his product back to nebraska or texas or whomever he wishes to send the part to this time.

In regards to the telephone conversation where the owner of just corvettes hung up on mr. Wiot we give the following explanation: Mr. Wiot had been placing harassing phone calls to our employees demanding that we drop all other customer needs at that moment and focus attention on him. Mr. Wiot resorted to slandering the company and the making inappropriate comments. Thus, the owner, dan, refused to listen to his harassment any more and subsequently hung up on him.

Please see the photos attached and their descriptions.

Ebay pic #1

ebay pic #2

ebay pic #3

as you can see they are very detailed !!

This is the box when we recieved it

this pic shows the damage to the top due his packing !! Selling the top to a third party before trying to return it !!

this is the photo he posted of the top on his car to sell it here on this very forum !!

yikes, this is sketchy stuff.

Prove that you did not ship a modified, hacked up used part.

Also more people in the thread reported a bad experience with whom ever Dan is from your shop. One of the people that did, I have dealt with, and I can tell you the issue was not on his end.

I think the top did not kill it for you, but the fact that some very respectable people here have dealt with you, and gave similar bad feed back.

Today in business it is just that"FEED BACK" not slander.(not saying you are at fault either)

Last edited by pologreen1; 08-03-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:35 PM
ElvisGraceBo
Burning Brakes

Hmmm. Interesting turn of events. I kinda feel sorry for the guy at Just Corvettes. I don't know anything more than what I read here, and saw nothing with my own eyes, but something doesn't add up and the stories are different. I will be interested to see what the original poster will have to say about this.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Jamesnns
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

subscribed
Old 08-03-2010, 03:37 PM
ElvisGraceBo
Burning Brakes

Note: I also feel sorry for the guy that may have bought a bum top. But with the statement, who knows.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:56 PM
vertrx7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read with interest. Libel I believe, not slander. JC is really going to sue a defendant in Nebraska when they are in Missouri? I'd be interested where that will go, considering that "truth is a complete defense..." That action could be expensive, but one never knows.

Interesting reaction from JC considering some of the other comments about them from other individuals posting. The BBB analysis bears watching!

Bottom line is that the stories diverge since neither party is going to divulge anything against self interest on an open forum, subject to discovery (should litigation be an issue), and definitely won't reveal their temper tantrums on the phone. Notice each party came off as cool, calm and collected when referring to their own actions. Reality is usually so much different!

Get notified of new replies

To Bad Experience with Just Corvettes

Old 08-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Did JC "really" know that the OP had sold the top and got it back BEFORE they gave him the run around?

I agree, too many unknows.

Three sides to every story.

1 The OP's side
2 JC's side
3 THE TRUTH
Old 08-03-2010, 04:09 PM
GREGG-73
Melting Slicks

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night......

Stay in tune....
Old 08-03-2010, 04:28 PM
kenv
Le Mans Master

Location: levittown pa. usa Even a bad day with my `Vette, is better than a good day at work
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Vette Daddy
Did JC "really" know that the OP had sold the top and got it back BEFORE they gave him the run around?

I agree, too many unknows.

Three sides to every story.

1 The OP's side
2 JC's side
3 THE TRUTH
^^^BINGO^^^---However it does show that CF has some clout in the business world. Where else would you have gotten a responce from both interested parties. That is one of the best reasons to be a member here---Strength in numbers---

Now we wait & see how this all hashes out.

Quick Reply: Bad Experience with Just Corvettes