C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Hot rod magazine c4 track video

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Turtletron
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bondami
Son, you need to put down the koolaid and back away from the keyboard. After reading your complete post on jalopnik, I would invite you to take this trolling drivel elsewhere. Hotrod tried to do something "kool" and fell on their asses in public.. you sir have crossed the line into craziness and do not represent Me nor most of the corvette group.

For those of you who missed ALL of his post.. go tot the jalopnik thread and read it.. it is of course right on top..and embarrassing as hell.

I still think it was retarded to tear the doors off with a sawsall instead of undoing the bolts etc.. but thats what most of the "journalists" think is cool, these days. Pathetic overhyped crap. (oh well it isnt as if it was carcraft after all) and I may be one of the ones in the future that remove the running gear for a streetrod, But it wont be done like this bunch of idiots did it.
"Son?" I'm pretty sure I'm older than you kid, especially since you still don't know what it means to own a Corvette. I guess having enough money to buy one doesn't really make you an "owner" after all. As for "not representing the corvette community" I hate to tell you but I have already gotten 2 PM's wanting to tag along for a Corvette Convoy. What out Hot Rod Magazine.

I pity you, maybe someday you will stop thinking you're better than other Corvette owners.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,009 Likes on 2,528 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I agree - they SHOULD NOT have done that according to my standards. But it does not merit jail time according to the law.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Bondami
Race Director

Location: Southside of Western Norte Americano State of Confusion, ColoFornia
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude '13

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham
No response here, but he's up on YouTube

He loves the fact that we hate it
Yea he does.. and thats part of the hype. They came here for that reason alone. More Hype, used as a substitute for creativity or substance.

They must have gotten tired of "We took the car to winkys garage and had the professionals install our custom dash *****.. then we flat-bedded the car over to joe blows custom motor shop to have our ridiculously expensive Stainless exhaust system welded up..next month we will show you how we paid them to build us a completely undrivable 900 hp briggs and stratton engine with a blower nitrous and twin turbos!!" Stories.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:56 PM
NegativeGhostwriter
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As many of you may have assumed, this Turtletron fellow is a bit of an amateur troll. He saw a thread posted on 4chan's /o/ (automotive) subforum, and decided to post here.

Here's a link to the thread.
http://boards.4chan.org/o/res/3257043

I'd suggest ignoring all future posts, and he'll go away.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Bondami
Race Director

St. Jude '13

Originally Posted by Turtletron
"Son?" I'm pretty sure I'm older than you kid, especially since you still don't know what it means to own a Corvette. I guess having enough money to buy one doesn't really make you an "owner" after all. As for "not representing the corvette community" I hate to tell you but I have already gotten 2 PM's wanting to tag along for a Corvette Convoy. What out Hot Rod Magazine.

I pity you, maybe someday you will stop thinking you're better than other Corvette owners.
Well SON, (that wasnt a guess at your age, just me showing a general lack of regard for your attempts to troll here) I do own a corvette as well as several other street rods and hot rods.. All built by me. Completely by me. Paint, upholstery, engine all of it. and I didnt do it with cubic dollars either. I make less per year than a decent base C-6 costs.

Its a car, its not an icon or a legend or any of that other hyped up nonsense in your post, and a bunch of morons tearing up 10 of them with a hammer does not threaten the American way of life.

So you roll your happy fanny down there with your 2 supporters and let them put your foaming lathering rage on the next youtube clip.

To quote someone almost famous here.."Thanks for playing!"
Old 07-19-2010, 07:01 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

maybe it's time for the mods to lock this thread up before some psycho asks were to mail the pipe bomb.

I hate to say it, but I know some people like that.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Turtletron
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NegativeGhostwriter
As many of you may have assumed, this Turtletron fellow is a bit of an amateur troll. He saw a thread posted on 4chan's /o/ (automotive) subforum, and decided to post here.

I don't know what that is but I'll assume it's more Corvette haters

As for Bondami you can have all the cars in the world but apparently you still lack knowledge in what it really means to be a Corvette owner. And in the time from my last post to this one I have gotten yet another PM. Two of which post here pretty frequently.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:08 PM
NegativeGhostwriter
3rd Gear

As for Bondami you can have all the cars in the world but apparently you still lack knowledge in what it really means to be a Corvette owner. And in the time from my last post to this one I have gotten yet another PM. Two of which post here pretty frequently.
Keep trollin, br/o/.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:09 PM
carnurd
6th Gear

Originally Posted by bdw18_123
Here's what you SHOULD have done with that C4: Made it into a nice track car, built up a high HP motor for it and show what an awesome track car the C4 can be. Lots of pics & info in the magazine and vids on your website on the build progress and you would have lots more subscriptions and interested parties following along.
:
This quote alone made me register on this board, I cannot stop laughing, c4's make terrible track cars, even if you stuff 315's in the front the car and throw double adjustable's in it, the car still plows. This article will show how you can actually make a C4 fast on track, which means pretty much getting rid of everything on the car because it was designed in the 70's.

Funny seeing the whole C4 community rage about the whole thing, Hot Rod made a interesting article that I guarantee will sell more magazines, even if you throw a huge hissy fit about it. Also there would be no increase in hot rod subscriptions if they did a "build" on a C4, you act as if the C4 community is massive and continually growing, which it is not and in fact its decreasing(everybody wants to upgrade to C5/C6's get over it).

To David Freiburger,
Keep up the good work, love the magazine.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Bondami
Race Director

St. Jude '13

Thats funny stuff right there, a bunch of jealous whiny 20 somethings with nothing better to do. "rednecks with less money" indeed.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:10 PM
ch@0s
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham
maybe it's time for the mods to lock this thread up before some psycho asks were to mail the pipe bomb.

I hate to say it, but I know some people like that.
Funny but true
Old 07-19-2010, 07:12 PM
NegativeGhostwriter
3rd Gear

Thats funny stuff right there, a bunch of jealous whiny 20 somethings with nothing better to do. "rednecks with less money" indeed.
Just a courtesy to bring to the attention of you fine people over here. Public service announcement of sorts.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Bondami
Race Director

St. Jude '13

I will now direct your attention to the avatar <----- those are girls, sitting on the car, Real girls, I suspect if you had one (or a boy if thats your taste) you would have less time to troll. but since that pretty clearly isn't happening just keep coming back for more, you are moderately amusing.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:16 PM
carnurd
6th Gear

Yes they are all jealous of your C4..... bahahahaha why would anybody under the age of 35 set their standards so low.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Bondami
Race Director

St. Jude '13

Just a courtesy to bring to the attention of you fine people over here. Public service announcement of sorts.
lol.. No I meant reading the commentary over there, thanks for posting the link, I knew he was a troll but its always nice to be sure. (sadly there are a few out there that are nuts, Ross Perot anyone?)

Quick Reply: Hot rod magazine c4 track video