Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 07:54 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Originally Posted by RollaMo-LT4

No kidding.

Now I know why Freiburger never pays much attention to my car on Power Tour.

Good thing Mike and I didn't stop when he took this picture. We might have suffered the same fate.
He was searching for candidates.
http://www.hotrod.com/powertour/2010...photo_372.html

Picture from the above link:
Man I love this picture!

If they would have come to within a block of me I imagine they would have had a permanent tattoo of dip**** written on their forehead.

(the car looked pretty well trashed already but damn man show some respect. You're supposed to be a car magazine)
Old 07-16-2010, 08:12 PM
bdw18_123
Drifting

Location: Prather, California -1990 ZR-1 White/Flame Red- -SOLD!!-
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, that video is pretty stupid. Wow, they can cut up a C4 and rip the doors off. That took SO much talent. Any Joe Shmoe could do the same thing in his back yard with a sawzall. And to top it all off, you have a couple of morons jump up and down on the body parts you cut off? WTF? What are you trying to prove anyway?

Hot Rod Magazine, that was a really retarded idea and I agree with the others that have said you have alienated lots of C4 owners and will probably lose subscriptions. I would expect a lot better from a magazine like you.

Here's what you SHOULD have done with that C4: Made it into a nice track car, built up a high HP motor for it and show what an awesome track car the C4 can be. Lots of pics & info in the magazine and vids on your website on the build progress and you would have lots more subscriptions and interested parties following along.

But nope, you missed your chance. You must have monkeys running your magazine or something...
Old 07-16-2010, 08:54 PM
CRUZN C4
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Maybe they should've done that to a Mustang or a Viper. That vid was in bad taste. Being a C4 fanatic that was a waste of a good Corvette considering it was carbed.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Road Agent
Drifting

That video should help sell a lot of magazine subscriptions! Very smart move posting that sh_t on the Corvette Forum!
Old 07-16-2010, 09:16 PM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Originally Posted by hotrodmag

Old 07-16-2010, 09:38 PM
socalman
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by PLRX
bout time! I feel much better now
Old 07-16-2010, 09:42 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by PLRX

I like the comments in the video too
Old 07-17-2010, 06:07 AM
carguy604
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Dear HotRod Magazine,
When we were very young, my younger brother and I cut up a perfectly good 4-door '67 Beaumont Sedan with a oxy-acetylene torch(think '67 Chevelle - Beaumont was a Canadian Pontiac that was much nicer than a regular Chevelle) in order to build up a really ratty and rusted-out '67 Beaumont 2-door Coupe. The coupe never did amount to much and, 25 years later-on, we're still saying to ourselves "WTF were we thinking?!". I can now say that I'm truly embarrassed to admit that I was party to that stupidity, but for HotRod Magazine to publicly do that to a Corvette (no matter how ratty it was) is not only wasteful, it's truly shameful!

Can you imagine HotRod Magazine's founder Robert E. Peterson chopping up a 1923 Auburn Boat Tail Speedster in the innagural edition of the magazine in 1948? Can you imagine him desecrating the Auburn's body panels in the same shameful manner and just tossing the body parts in the dumpster after having jumped on them? After all, by 1948, the Auburn would've been just another old, worn-out, out-dated sports car...

No, I think not!

HotRod Magazine, you've gone too far. You've crossed a line with your readers, with Corvette fans, and with gearheads of all stripes... Anyone can demolish a car, but it takes talent and creativity to build one. Your video displays no talent, no creativity and no respect for what was (at the time) a leading-edge sports car.

Shame on you, HotRod!

May you spin a bearing in your daily driver at a most unfortunate time!

Sign me,
"Not Angry, Just Plain Old Disgusted"
Old 07-17-2010, 07:56 AM
five-oh
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 29 Posts

Now, I'm glad I let my long time subscription expire. This proves that the mag is way out of touch. Absolutely retarded.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:51 AM
mdlfcrss
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this might be a perfect time to pick up this months copy of Car Craft !
Old 07-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Joe B.
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

The July issue of the rag features the resurrection of one of editor Freiburger's cars, a '70 Coronet. It is not an attractive auto but a muscle car none the less. What would be the reaction if they had unceremoniously trashed it instead for all their readers to see?
Attached Images  
Old 07-17-2010, 09:38 AM
jeffp1167
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very stupid to say the least! I am going to be canceling my subscription asap.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:21 AM
GS 163
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Am I the only one sitting here wondering what all the fuss is about? Sure it is a corvette, and this is a forum focused on corvettes. While I dont quite see the point in trashing an already trashed looking '85 corvette and posting it on a corvette forum for all corvette enthusiasts to see, would our reaction here be different if it were and '85 camaro, trans am, or mustang?
Old 07-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Shaf1970
Instructor

Originally Posted by GS 163
Am I the only one sitting here wondering what all the fuss is about? Sure it is a corvette, and this is a forum focused on corvettes. While I dont quite see the point in trashing an already trashed looking '85 corvette and posting it on a corvette forum for all corvette enthusiasts to see, would our reaction here be different if it were and '85 camaro, trans am, or mustang?
Yes, what they did is worse than the Goverments cash for clunkers program.

Should have built a cheap ride, not junk it.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Freiburger
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And what if I told you all that we're going to make that thing outrun a new Corvette for dirt cheap? That was a teaser vid...not the whole story. On purpose. More to come.

None of you would have bought a single body or interior part off of that thing. Maybe the hood and lights. The top was crazed, nose cracked, rear hatch cracked and gross tinted, interior totally disgusting. It had been flooded.

I don't see Corvette guys getting irate when street rodders buy cheap C4s, rob the suspension, and send them to the junkyard. Does that mean they hate all C4s? The difference is that we had some fun being buffoons, and we're actually using the entire chassis? OK. We made it go faster and look better for no money. That's hot rodding.

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com
Old 07-17-2010, 10:48 AM
ch@0s
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

AZZZZ heoles
What is the propose of this video but to make a mockery of the C4.

Last edited by ch@0s; 07-17-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:52 AM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Originally Posted by ch@0s
AZZZZ heoles
What is the propose of this video but to make a mockery of the C4.
Are they legit hot rod magazine people?

Hey I could grab stencils and make a Playboy banner and have an amateur night audition. 5"5-5'9", red heads, blondes and brunettes and DDs only

Get notified of new replies

To Hot rod magazine c4 track video

Old 07-17-2010, 11:02 AM
jeffp1167
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Freiburger
And what if I told you all that we're going to make that thing outrun a new Corvette for dirt cheap? That was a teaser vid...not the whole story. On purpose. More to come.

None of you would have bought a single body or interior part off of that thing. Maybe the hood and lights. The top was crazed, nose cracked, rear hatch cracked and gross tinted, interior totally disgusting. It had been flooded.

I don't see Corvette guys getting irate when street rodders buy cheap C4s, rob the suspension, and send them to the junkyard. Does that mean they hate all C4s? The difference is that we had some fun being buffoons, and we're actually using the entire chassis? OK. We made it go faster and look better for no money. That's hot rodding.

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com
I would say you succeeded in losing some subscriptions but that is about it ..
Old 07-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Shaf1970
Instructor

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com
Good you now sound like you were going to hot rod it, I take back what I said and I'll look forward to the magazine at the news stand.

C4's are dirt cheap, and make it so that just about anyone can own a Corvette and do a little hot rodding.

Last edited by Shaf1970; 07-17-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Loby 1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com
Time to "have at it" as you say.

As far as "robing suspension" goes...That has , at least to me an obvious purpose.

I am glad you guys had fun being buffoons, looks like you guys are naturals. Your video does not describe what hot rodding is all about. To a viewer it shows the lack of respect for the C 4 and its history. It also shows a lack of respect for those of us that spend tons of money and time in restoring these Corvettes for car shows, track racing, drag racing and just the pure satisfaction of driving them for one's personal pleasure.

Your magazine sure is not what it used to be.

I question your intentions for joining this forum.

Quick Reply: Hot rod magazine c4 track video