C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Opinions on Kwiklift?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 04:59 PM
cprgmr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Opinions on Kwiklift?

I'm thinking about picking one up. How is it working for you and is there enough room at the rear to remove a tranny if required? I'm looking for all comments good/bad. TIA! :)
Old 03-22-2002, 08:23 PM
WEF's 95
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Opinions on Kwiklift? (cprgmr)

It looks to me that there would be plenty of room for transmission removal. My Kwiklift has had a lot of use by the whole family. I have the standard 20'x20' garage with 9' ceiling and the auto door opener prevents lifting a van or pickup. If I had known this when I built the garage it would have had a side mounted opener. The Vette parks on it in the lay flat position. No doubt about it, I would prefer a Bendpak but the Kwiklift is great for a regular garage.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:18 PM
jackdaroofer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I'm thinking about picking one up. How is it working for you and is there enough room at the rear to remove a tranny if required? I'm looking for all comments good/bad. TIA! :)
I have a 12 x 24 garage and the Kwik Lift fits in great. I have mine on the shortest settings which works great for the vette and good for my Z 28's

I have four standard vette jacks that allow me to lift all four wheels off the lift, though I rarely do that, but I regularly lift one side or front or rear.

I leave it in the assembled position (inclined) and I do park the vette at an angle, but mostly I raise it up level.

I added a feature, I have an air operated hydraulic jack to lift it rather than a floor jack. That saves space with the garage doors closed and it all so saves my back ( I have 3 z28s and the vette), so changing oil in all four was a pita with the floor jack

People have asked for pictures, etc. but there isn't much to show. Omega makes an 8 ton air/hydraulic jack for engine cranes. It lifts about 19 inches. Chop a hole in your concrete floor: figure out how deep to dig out including a 6 " concrete pad and go for it!

It makes it really nice! I just drive on, close the valve on the jack and open the air from the compressor....up it goes! No more dragging the floor jack around and pumping!

Love the Kwiklift, I do most everything on it, though I let my mechanic do things that have to be done standing up under the car. I can get it high enough to sit up, but sometimes that isn't enough

Jack
Old 03-23-2002, 11:32 AM
cprgmr
Melting Slicks

Thanks for the replies guys - anyone else have anything to add? :)
Old 03-23-2002, 03:37 PM
FSTRNU
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You wanna buy me one when you get yours???? :jester
Old 03-24-2002, 07:15 AM
93 ragtop
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys - anyone else have anything to add? :)
Someone, once posted a link to a different drive on ramp system simular to the kwiklift. It was $200.00 less, and the way it worked was, as you pulled up, it rocked foward and then had safety supports that you dropped under the back end of the ramp. I have no experience with any of them, I to am interested in one and looked at Carsile this past year, but found nothing but the post type lifts on display. I even considered trying to make one. Good luck with your decision.
Old 03-24-2002, 02:23 PM
Blue 92
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
CI 3-4, 8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10

Default Re: Opinions on Kwiklift? (Red 86 4+3)

I've been looking at the Kwiklift too.

$995 for bare steel, $1,295 for powder coated finish with a center lift bridge that doesn't come with the $995 bare stell unit.

The center lift bridge prices out at $125 so you're paying $175 for the powder coating. Sounds reasonable to me.
Old 03-24-2002, 04:13 PM
cprgmr
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Opinions on Kwiklift? (93Zeus)

You wanna buy me one when you get yours???? :jester
Ummm... Errrr... sure! :jester :)
Old 03-24-2002, 04:15 PM
cprgmr
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Opinions on Kwiklift? (Blue 92)

I've been looking at the Kwiklift too.

$995 for bare steel, $1,295 for powder coated finish with a center lift bridge that doesn't come with the $995 bare stell unit.

The center lift bridge prices out at $125 so you're paying $175 for the powder coating. Sounds reasonable to me.
I just sent them an email about shipping and other associated charges. Maybe we should see if there's enough support for a GP? :)
Old 03-24-2002, 04:57 PM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

I think we had a GP on this a while back. I expressed some interest, but I really don't have the room for one, I'd have to use it outdoors and even then I'd have to store it outdoors. I'll probably end up buying a 2nd set of ramps instead. I have 3 pairs of jack stands, so doing work that requires removing the wheels is not a problem.
Old 03-24-2002, 05:15 PM
Blue 92
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
CI 3-4, 8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10

Default Re: Opinions on Kwiklift? (Mr Mojo)

Nice thing about is that you can just lower it flat and park on it.

Of course, based on the pics you posted before, you do have to have room to walk around the car. :yesnod:

You garage looks a lot like mine. :lol: :lol:

I think we had a GP on this a while back. I expressed some interest, but I really don't have the room for one, I'd have to use it outdoors and even then I'd have to store it outdoors. I'll probably end up buying a 2nd set of ramps instead. I have 3 pairs of jack stands, so doing work that requires removing the wheels is not a problem.
Old 03-24-2002, 05:53 PM
ittlfly
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have been looking at their lift for awhile. If you can get a GP on the unit with the jack up bridges, count me in.
Old 03-24-2002, 06:22 PM
cprgmr
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Opinions on Kwiklift? (ittlfly)

I have been looking at their lift for awhile. If you can get a GP on the unit with the jack up bridges, count me in.
Let me do some investigation on this matter. I'll post back here sometime this week with some info. :)

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions on Kwiklift?

Quick Reply: Opinions on Kwiklift?