Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Jealous drivers

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 06:26 PM
lushdrunk
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I may actually have a picture. I took one with my phone and sent it to my wife's phone. When she gets home I will see if she still has it saved to her messages. I bet she does. I let the neighbor kid play with my phone (Iphone 3G) the other day so I deleted all my text messages, and pictures because people send me crazy stuff I shouldn't see, and I have a foul mouth. Or should I say foul typing fingers.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I notice no difference in the Vette. People here are oblivious to anyone but themselves no matter what you're driving.

But on the motorcycle, it seems like everyone is out to get me. Tailgaters (especially at stoplights) are the worst. And it seems like everyone crowds you on the bike. I love riding out on the open highway....I absolutely hate riding in the city.

But that works both ways too.....I hate being in the car and having some squid on a sport bike with a mohawk helmet running 100 + down the freeway and weaving in and out of traffic. I've ridden motorcycles for almost 40 years, and even I detest them....I can imagine how some folks get turned off on motorcylcists.....and they don't draw the distinction between the douchebag on the sport bike and a law obiding rider on a cruiser.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:38 PM
SciFi
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

Haven't had my vette long, but I have noticed people riding my bumber "REALLY" close ..

Even had one guy run up on the curb looking at me while driving down the road at 35 mph.. scared the crap out me..
Old 06-22-2010, 07:52 PM
Gary96
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I get tailgated a lot when I'm driving the Vette. I guess people think I should be going about 20mph over the speed limit.

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97
I stay the heck away from people at all costs. They can't see you most of the time due to the car's profile. Therest of the time they're drinking stupid water.

Or talking on their cellphone. I was almost hit twice within about five minutes one time on the interstate. I had to quickly swerve over a lane both times to avoid being hit.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:53 PM
aboatguy
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Relic
People jealous of a C4? Really?

I do notice that there are more close calls, but I think it's because the C4 is about 1/4 the height of your basic SUV piloted by a woman on her cell phone. For that reason, I'm aware that I'm virtually invisible in my C4.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:54 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lushdrunk
It didn't do any damage...
walked up to the drivers door on the minivan and put my foot through it.
Seems like an appropriate response to me...
Old 06-22-2010, 07:56 PM
kangi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97
Therest of the time they're drinking stupid water.
Is that like spring water Sarge?
Old 06-22-2010, 08:05 PM
Wiot
Instructor

They had to know they hit my vette.
Yep.

so fu*ck em.
Correct again.

Your story made me just reading about it. Good for you. Hope you find those pics.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:55 PM
shbbykins
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ive made a conscious decision to just let the tailgaters and ****ers hit me on the road, that is unless its a mexican plate :p they learn a lesson and I get a new car and or parts. win win
Old 06-22-2010, 10:03 PM
tblt44
Drifting

they are just pushing you ,they want to see what the vette will do.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 644 Likes on 421 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I get alot of morons that think its cute to get right on my a$$ at stop lights and then grin like its funny.I creeeeeeeeeeeeeeep away from the stop light and drive just a little bit slower.That grin doesnt last too long
Old 06-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Jon Hekking
Race Director

Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C3 of Year Finalist (stock)

Yea, I had an NSX following the C4 too close not too long ago, I bet he was REAL jealous
Old 06-22-2010, 11:36 PM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

On all my cars I use the "Mirror rule". If you see the driver thru the mirror, he/she should be able to see you.

Stay away from the blind spot

Old 06-22-2010, 11:55 PM
lushdrunk
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO
Seems like an appropriate response to me...
If they hit my vette and backed up then I would have called it an accident and forgot about it. But they hit my car, And left it parked with it still in contact with my rear bumper. Even then I would have just forgot about it except their was 20+ parking places that where much closer to the door, and much more easy to get in and out of. That tells me they 100% hit my car on purpose and since they left it parked still in contact with my car, they wanted me to see it. So I left them something for them to see in return. That seems like a completely appropriate response to me.

Sorry guys no pictures. I only have a picture of the minivans tag.

Lushdrunk's method to stop a tailgater.

#1: Ride beside a slow moving car or semi truck. After 10 miles of 45 mph they tend to back off when you go back to 70mph.

#2: I carry a 100pc pack of "copper-head" BB's in my center console. For when I have the top off. If anyone is riding you *** just flick a couple of BB's out the roof and they will back off real quick. If you flick them out at any speed over 50mph they will fly right over your car and land on the tailgater's windshield.

#3: This is very dangerous and can only be done with a fast car. I only do this if the other two options fail and their is NO ONE else around. If someone pisses me off enough and will not get off my a$$ I will put the car in a lower gear, hit my brakes for a split second. Just hard enough to bow in front of them, but not hard enough to loose alot of speed or lock tires. Then real quickly get on the throttle and pull away from them. It will cause them to hit their brakes very hard and scare them into leaving you alone. Ive only done this twice but both times the car was so scared they pull off and park.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:07 AM
astepup
Melting Slicks

Received 1,809 Likes on 670 Posts

It was a bad day already and the longer I set the more pissed off I got. After 15 Min's I said "Fu*k-It" walked up to the drivers door on the minivan and put my foot through it. I only wanted to dent it, But the new minivans are made from cheap, very thin urethane so my foot went all the way through it. In almost a perfect foot shape.

They had to know they hit my vette. and since their was 20 other much better parking places and since they left their minivan in contact with my rear bumper they had to do it on purpose. so fu*ck em

Wouldn't it be SO ironic...if the idiot minivan owner went to lush to have her/his/it's door fixed?

astepup said that
Old 06-23-2010, 12:15 AM
lushdrunk
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by astepup

Wouldn't it be SO ironic...if the idiot minivan owner went to lush to have her/his/it's door fixed?

astepup said that
Now that would have been funny. I would have built the door back out of plastic shopping bags from that store.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:55 AM
FOURSPEEDVETTE
Safety Car

Received 224 Likes on 156 Posts

My buddy who owns a 1996 has a good solution to people who tailgate him. He waits until they are on a two lane road where the tailgater can't pass him. He then stops when traffic is all behind him, and opens his hood. He'll give it a minute or two and then pull out. If the guy still tails him, he does it again!

Get notified of new replies

To Jealous drivers

Old 06-23-2010, 10:42 AM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by pologreen1
Wow, rdknight you have not posted on that account for a long time
04-22-2004
12-30-2009

I am surprised you just noticed about all the jealousy. I find most are jealous of pologreen vettes.
My friend , you are misinformed you must be thinking of Quasar Blue.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:46 AM
runner140*
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 282 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by rdknight
Is it me or does it seem like when your in the vette people pull out in front of you cut you off ride your bumper.
And then theres a fat lady, who, when we run on the boardwalk on Hollywood Beach, always stands up and walks in front of us.

I guess its just people being people.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:39 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by kimmer
My friend , you are misinformed you must be thinking of Quasar Blue.

Quick Reply: Jealous drivers