C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

ebay seller "thepartsladi" shenanigans

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 11:51 PM
KevinRR
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default ebay seller "thepartsladi" shenanigans

There was another thread http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-g...nt-sensor.html about this but it is muddled with offtopic conversation and I thought it may be useful to start a more dedicated topic. I respectfully request that pewter99 leave this open for discussion and informational purposes rather than rapidly locking it as is apparently the custom around here. I feel it is relevant to many corvette owners on this forum.

For a long time ebay seller "thepartsladi" has sold GM parts very cheap with reliable service. I bought several hundred dollars in parts over the last year or 2 for my '85 restoration in fact.

May 2 of this year I bought another part and the next day I got a shipping notification from UPS that they had created the label. Generally by end of that day UPS has scanned items into their system and it begins moving.

Days go by and the tracking still shows "billing info received" which means the label was created but the item was not given to UPS yet.

Emails to the seller via ebay go unanswered. Then I get an automated vacation notice from the ebay system stating that this seller is "out of the office" until May 31 and that no orders are being taken or shipped during that time.

I immediately filed a buyer protection claim of course.

I also checked their store, and there are zero items for sale. Usually there are thousands.

I then go check their recent feedback and am astounded to find about 50 negatives in the last week and a half or so. Apparently lots of people paid but never received items, and were unable to contact the seller.

A few days later I check the feedbacks again. I see some replies from thepartsladi, all saying the same thing. "BUS WAS BT HUSBAND(SPW)&TPL.TPL PD SPW & SPW W/N SHIP I WILL SHIP OR REFUND"

What I can translate of that is "business was between husband specialty parts warehouse and ThePartsLadi. ThePartsLadi paid SPW, and SPW will not ship. I will ship or refund.".

So then I notice another seller "thepartspros" is selling some of the same items that "thepartsladi" used to. I pulled up one listing from each and the font, the language, the terms of sale, the addresses, even the contact names are all identical.

Further research shows that "thepartspros" ebay user ID is a recent name change. Prior to May 10, the account was "specialty_parts_warehouse" which never listed or sold any items. Now suddenly within the past week there are 9500 items. SPW is the same location that shipped all the parts for "thepartsladi" in months past.

Another user posted this apparent response from "thepartspros" when asked about the situation.

"We are not Affiliated with Thepartsladi in any way, shape, or form, We drop shipped parts for Thepartsladi for a few years. She bought the parts from us and has been cut off for not paying her bills. We have acquired the listing that she had listed on eBay and are selling them direct to Consumers instead of selling them through another company. We have started our own eBay account!
thanks

Thepartspros"

I call shenanigans. "Thepartsladi" and "Thepartspros" are the same seller. There's no other explanation. If her supplier had truly cut her off for non payment, divorce, or some such other, then she could no longer be selling all these parts. And if it were the supplier/other vendor who were selling the parts directly bypassing her completely, then they would never use the same address/phone number nor would they use exact copy and pastes from her old auctions.

My best guess is that for whatever reason she cut ties with the old user account, failed to ship those items, and in some cases had items that had been shipped out rerouted by UPS back instead of delivering to the customer. Then moved all the listings to the new account and continued business as usual.

Last edited by pewter99; 05-24-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 101 Likes on 90 Posts

Wow thanks for the post up
Old 05-16-2010, 12:08 AM
bomar76
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I pointed out, the phone number has not changed from when the listings were thepartsladi to thepartspros.
How could this possibly be?
FRAUD.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:14 AM
VetteMed
Le Mans Master

Received 215 Likes on 142 Posts

I raised red flags with my fuel pump issues last year, their policies were never consistent with a true authorized acdelco dealer... Nobody really cared to listen because cheap is king. Guess some folks had to learn the hard way.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:26 AM
GTA8500
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow I see that our member kevinrr did his homework. nice to know
Old 05-16-2010, 01:12 AM
Casket86
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shennanigins it is! Everybody get your brooms!
Old 05-16-2010, 01:24 AM
jfb
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Time to file theft charges with the appropriate agency. If you sent your check by mail, then contact the USPS. However you paid, put a stop payment on it.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:57 AM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

Bad Business.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:16 AM
Yellow92LT1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made a some purchases one month ago. Everything went very well, no problems at all...

Her account rating sure went into the toilet! Lots of red, and FAST!

Thanks for the tip....
Old 05-16-2010, 03:07 AM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 05-16-2010, 03:32 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Their auctions and email responses look like and sound like they were put together by an 11 year old. never would and never will deal with them.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:34 AM
samsonb
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That does suck. As you could get a Delphi radiator for cheaper shipped than an aftermarket one from the local parts store.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:33 AM
socalman
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Sounds legit to me, if they aquired the ebay listing account, the information would be the same until they change it. The 9500 items are not manually listed, there is a system for stores to upload giant quantities. They would have to go through each item and edit them.

I think the same goes with the email responses, there's something jumbled there. Look like a secretary was told to write something, did it in shorthand, and whoever is entering the responses is not spelling things out.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:38 AM
90sundevil
Melting Slicks

Received 745 Likes on 379 Posts

I guess I got lucky with my Corvette Radio Information Bezel for my 86 when I ordered it in early April.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:11 PM
jon0108
Drifting

good job Kevin
Old 05-16-2010, 12:18 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

I bought one time from the ladi. Amps for my Bose speakers that didn't mount up correctly and blew the first time I turned thewm on. They could have blown for some other reason but the fact still remains they didn't fit properly.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Relic
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a "tune up kit" from them. They sent me a kit with iron head plugs. I clearly specified I had an 87. I made the correct choice. Their solution was for me to box up and send the plugs back at my expense, and they'd send the correct plugs.

It was just as cheap, and lots quicker for me to go buy the correct plugs at AdvanceAuto. Thepartsladi's idea of service turned me off of them. I won't buy from them, or thepartspros again.

Get notified of new replies

To ebay seller "thepartsladi" shenanigans

Old 05-16-2010, 01:32 PM
KevinRR
Racer

Originally Posted by socalman
Sounds legit to me, if they aquired the ebay listing account, the information would be the same until they change it. The 9500 items are not manually listed, there is a system for stores to upload giant quantities. They would have to go through each item and edit them.

I think the same goes with the email responses, there's something jumbled there. Look like a secretary was told to write something, did it in shorthand, and whoever is entering the responses is not spelling things out.
That doesn't explain use of the same contact employees and phone numbers. Not to mention that if I were attempting to build a new business I certainly would not utilize any left over information from a now defunct business with a bad reputation.

Not to mention that I know of no way to "acquire" an ebay account or the listings from another account. If they wanted to "buy out" the partsladi, they wouldn't have let her run the account into the ground before doing it. They would have "bought her out" and continued business as usual with no one else being the wiser.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:31 PM
socalman
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by KevinRR
That doesn't explain use of the same contact employees and phone numbers. Not to mention that if I were attempting to build a new business I certainly would not utilize any left over information from a now defunct business with a bad reputation.

Not to mention that I know of no way to "acquire" an ebay account or the listings from another account. If they wanted to "buy out" the partsladi, they wouldn't have let her run the account into the ground before doing it. They would have "bought her out" and continued business as usual with no one else being the wiser.
they're a mess

Last edited by socalman; 05-16-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 703 Likes on 590 Posts

this is truely sad to hear. i have had dealings with partsladi for years and never had a problem. i have purchased products, and for various reasons, had to send them back. partsladi has always given me a full refund, and even refunded the shipping charges. i guess i'll have to find another supplier until this mess is cleared up.

Quick Reply: ebay seller "thepartsladi" shenanigans