Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Magnaflow///Must Know//This Thread Will Change Your Mind...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 11:41 PM
timbradley26
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just do your homework before going to the muffler shop. really good guys are out there ,just ask around your area and one or two names will come up often . the internet can be of great help here .to me the cat back that are for sale are way over priced 1300 for a cat back system is just way out of line .can one say corvette tax
Old 03-07-2010, 07:16 AM
drmrman
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by PLRX
I already figured that one out...the hard was $$$$sssss...
Yeah man... First exhaust system I did was a header back system. Only cost me 600 including the cost of 2 resonators, 2 mufflers, shop time, materials, and labor...
Old 03-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Aurora40
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by uptown193
I have Corsa cat back and i suppose to be true dual but it is not. I remember seeing a thread on here where some dude took it apart and it was not true dual. I was pissed off after I saw that. I paid $1,000 with install. Why do they say it is dual when its not.
I think you are thinking of the exhaust tips, not the exhaust system. Each muffler had two tips, but there is one main pipe through the muffler casing. However, as there are two mufflers with the system, it most certainly is a true dual 2.5" all the way system.

If you look down the resonator, you can see straight through it, there are two resonance tubes inside, they don't combine into one anywhere.

There is a "H" pipe where gasses can cross over, so if by true dual you mean each bank is 100% independent, then that wouldn't be true. However, there are definitely two paths that maintain a 2.5" diameter or more the entire length of the system.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:22 PM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe im dumb but i have no clue what your saying. You realize that your exhaust gas comes from two cylinder banks, come in two sets of piping, goes through 2 sets of pipes, then exits two sets of pipes therefore true dual? I did think the resoxnator was solid and sealed other then a direct path from one entrance to the center crossover to the exit but this design is actually probably better because in theory the center x portion is about 4" wide yet it has to support the volume of gas from two 3" pipes which would put a choke on the gases. Think about it you kept your x pipe and for that inch or so isnt your exhaust 2 into 1 into 2? thats all the resoxnator is doing only its opening up into one larger area. All of this is fine as its pretty much been proven that crossover pipes increase flow and power. The only way to keep "true dual" is to run one pipe seperated from the other or to have a 90 degree H crossover in between for gas to float from one side to another.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow///Must Know//This Thread Will Change Your Mind...