Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Rear seat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 01:55 PM
blizzam
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is a terrible idea, and i feel sorry for your kid. you dont sound very bright. there is no safe way to carry two passengers in a corvette.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:13 PM
yosshimura
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by blizzam
this is a terrible idea, and i feel sorry for your kid. you dont sound very bright. there is no safe way to carry two passengers in a corvette.

How bright can you be if you didn't read the whole thread and just clicked "respond" to the first op's post? It was a QUESTION, not an action to be taken I feel sorry for you, as well
Old 12-17-2009, 02:29 PM
blizzam
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did read the whole thread before replying. you are wrong.

it was a question about an action he was actually considering taking-how did that evade you?

for all of the reasons already listed (didn't you read the thread?) this is a terrible idea to even consider.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:05 AM
Cwgabbert
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not for kids but dogs can ride

I used to take my young lab with me when I went to the store. I'd open the hatch so she could jump in and out. A lot of people found that pretty amusing but the dog loved it. She'd lay back there under the luggage screen and just enjoy the ride. Eventually she got too old to jump over the back of the car so she travels by truck now since I can use a ramp to get her up to the back seat, (yeah, she's spoiled). But, she loves the wind in her hair ... 😆
Old 02-22-2021, 12:27 AM
DMITTZ
Melting Slicks

Received 561 Likes on 429 Posts

I'd say your options are put your child and car seat in the passenger's seat of the vette. Be sure to get a pre-air bag C4 if your going to do that .

OR

Buy a CTS-V.

I have an LS swapped 88' Corvette (pre-air bag car), on occasion I have taken my son (2 yrs ols) out with me, he really enjoyed being in the front seat right beside me, and since the car has no air bag it should be safe, amazingly our full suzed stroller even fits in the back when the tops off (under the targa top)!
But I really wouldn't do that on a daily basis, especially since my wife needs somewhere to sit too.

So I have pretty nicely modded 05' CTS-V, (cammed 6.2L LS3 /t56) which is my daily driver, its not quite as fun as my LS swapped 88' but it a good fun family car with a big, trunk, rear seats and V8 that we can all ride in and enjoy as a family.

If you can only afford one or have room for one car, i'd suggest for your situation a CTS-V would be a great car. The first gen 'V' are not even that expensive, although add $5K to the price/your budget since your going to need to do the CS 8.8 rear end swap since the stock ones blow up easily.

just my .02
Old 02-22-2021, 07:45 AM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,519 Likes on 2,838 Posts

I'd say in the 12 years since the OP started this thread he probably figured it out.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:03 PM
Sabre34

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 771 Likes on 708 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by FAUEE
I'd say in the 12 years since the OP started this thread he probably figured it out.

Quick Reply: Rear seat?