C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

I need you help to figure out this problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:48 AM
as long as it is red
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need your help to figure out this problem

I have a 1990 convertible. I tried to crank the car and the starter clicked and wouldn't turn over. The Bendix is probably weak. I turned the key a few times and smoke came up through the engine compartment from the starter and then the starter finally caught and the car cranked up. I cut on the AC and it would engage the compressor but I now have no AC blower. I checked all of the passenger side fuses - all good and none were burned. There are 3 solid silver relay type fuses that I am not sure if they are good or not. There is a small fuse block under the coolant recovery tank that I have not checked yet. Is there a fuse-able link that could have burned? Every electrical system works that I know of. I have the electric climate control (RPO c-68 I think it is called) and all the lights work when I push the buttons. I have no FSM to go by and probably couldn't understand the schematic anyway. Wire on the starter burned? What do you think?
Thank you,
Barry

Last edited by as long as it is red; 09-29-2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-29-2009, 12:11 PM
as long as it is red
Instructor

Anyone?
Old 09-29-2009, 12:26 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

My '88 FSM shows a fusable link for blower mtr power that bolts onto the starter sol.

When replacing a fusable link do not exceed 9" in length.
The fusable link wire size should be 4 wire sizes smaller than the attaching wire size.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:21 PM
GREENC493
Heel & Toe

I have a 93 with the c68 system and my blower stoped working a year back. I looked everywhere for a suposed 5 amp fuse for the blower motor. The problem was the blower motor module. It is located next to the blower motor on top or the case and has two plugs on it. I have seen these on Ecklers site for around 150.00. I never found a fuse for the blower.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:25 PM
as long as it is red
Instructor

Default thanks guys

This gives me a few ideas. I have rebuilt nearly everything on this car at one time or another, but the electrical stuff was never one of my knowledgeable areas to diagnose or chance a botched job due to inexperience. I guess it is time to learn that too.
Thanks and I'll let you all know what I found.
Barry

Get notified of new replies

To I need you help to figure out this problem

Quick Reply: I need you help to figure out this problem