C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Seat covers, search not working again

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 11:56 AM
mnypitVette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat covers, search not working again

OK so since I keep gettting this when I do a search, "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid."

I will have to ask. What is a decent relatively inexpensive alternative to origional leather covers? I see some on ebay from somebody called iggee? Are they any good? Decent fit?? I have seen the cheapos, like what was on the car when I got it, that just hang and do not fit at all, and I dont want that.

Or if someone is selling something nice, that would work too.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Weav's Vet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mnypitVette
OK so since I keep gettting this when I do a search, "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid."

I will have to ask. What is a decent relatively inexpensive alternative to origional leather covers? I see some on ebay from somebody called iggee? Are they any good? Decent fit?? I have seen the cheapos, like what was on the car when I got it, that just hang and do not fit at all, and I dont want that.

Or if someone is selling something nice, that would work too.
Here are the search results for Iggees. Pretty much everyone likes them.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sear...rchid=12216914
Old 08-30-2009, 12:06 PM
mnypitVette
Instructor

It says sorry no matches
Old 08-30-2009, 12:13 PM
mnypitVette
Instructor

ok search is working now. any other suggestions still welcome
Old 08-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Are you wanting Seat Covers or Upholstery ? People use the terms interchangably, but there is a big difference. The Iggees are seat covers....that is, they slip over your existing seats in a few minutes and attach with straps. From the pics I've seen posted here, they update your interior nicely for a reasonable amount of money. Most users seem very happy with them.

If you're looking for upholstery....that is, you remove the old seat skin from the foam and install a new seat skin on the foam, it is more money and more work. All the big catalogue retailers....ie...Ecklers, Mid America and the like sell "leather like" (vinyl) upholstery kits for the Corvette if you're looking to save some money. They cost less than leather, and many users report that they last longer than leather.

Also check the mall in the C4 forum....occasionally someone is parting out a car that may have a good used seat you can pick up cheap.

Also....you might try here for a good used set.

Last edited by Frizlefrak; 08-30-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:44 PM
mnypitVette
Instructor

Either is fine. I am just looking at an alternative that is inexpensive to make it look decent til I get the whole interior redone. I plan to change the entire interior color eventually, so this is temporary. If I could find upholstery cheap that woiuld work too. Or even a pair of decent seats. I have no preferance. Black or red. maybe grey.

Originally Posted by Frizlefrak
Are you wanting Seat Covers or Upholstery ? People use the terms interchangably, but there is a big difference. The Iggees are seat covers....that is, they slip over your existing seats in a few minutes and attach with straps. From the pics I've seen posted here, they update your interior nicely for a reasonable amount of money. Most users seem very happy with them.

If you're looking for upholstery....that is, you remove the old seat skin from the foam and install a new seat skin on the foam, it is more money and more work. All the big catalogue retailers....ie...Ecklers, Mid America and the like sell "leather like" (vinyl) upholstery kits for the Corvette if you're looking to save some money. They cost less than leather, and many users report that they last longer than leather.

Also check the mall in the C4 forum....occasionally someone is parting out a car that may have a good used seat you can pick up cheap.

Also....you might try here for a good used set.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:58 PM
grn envy
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

Iggee seat covers are the way to go, I just put a set in my car!!!

Old 08-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Nick DL
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They do look nice.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:15 PM
floridamale
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are going to be re-doing the complete interior late then just get covers for now till you decide what you doing. Our if you know the color you want to go with get the covers now and do carpet next
Old 08-30-2009, 01:19 PM
mnypitVette
Instructor

Originally Posted by floridamale
If you are going to be re-doing the complete interior late then just get covers for now till you decide what you doing. Our if you know the color you want to go with get the covers now and do carpet next
That is exactly my thoughts.

Does anyone have any experiance with removing the carpet from the bottom of the dash, under the glove box and under the steering column? I think it looks kinda hokey and have seen newer c4s with this carpet not there.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:45 PM
floridamale
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is exactly my thoughts.

Does anyone have any experiance with removing the carpet from the bottom of the dash, under the glove box and under the steering column? I think it looks kinda hokey and have seen newer c4s with this carpet not there.
You can spray dye the carpet on the hush pannels if your going from light to dark. I did mine black and I think it blends in with the overall look of the dash better. Some full new carpet kits come with new carpet for that & doors also. The backing to the carpet is foam and dosen't look good with out some type of covering.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:01 PM
mnypitVette
Instructor

Originally Posted by floridamale
You can spray dye the carpet on the hush pannels if your going from light to dark. I did mine black and I think it blends in with the overall look of the dash better. Some full new carpet kits come with new carpet for that & doors also. The backing to the carpet is foam and dosen't look good with out some type of covering.
I was hoping that I could remove that carpet completely and just have it be plastic/vinyl underneath, or use a differant year part that doesnt have carpet?

Get notified of new replies

To Seat covers, search not working again

Quick Reply: Seat covers, search not working again