Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

'92 Amplifier Power Question (Stereo)...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 10:34 AM
breathial
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '92 Amplifier Power Question (Stereo)...

The audio and FAQ areas don't cover this, so I'm posting here, to ask for info...

My '92 has a weak-suck stereo system... Though I've upgraded the deck. The game plan includes using 8" subs, plus a 12" box, powered by a small 4-channel amp, with the 12" bridged... Now, everything's wired and ready... except for the power itself.

The amp is in the back of the cargo area, and I'm wondering how best to get ~25-30 Amps to that location, without punching any holes in the firewall to run the cable (it's not a valuable version, but I do NOT want to start hacking up my car). I've dug around under the dash, found the secondary fuse box, as well as examined the main fuse panel, and I haven't seen a clean and safe way to manage this...

How best can I get power fed from the battery terminals back to the rear cargo area?
Old 06-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Bobwhite85
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran mine under the car to the cargo box behind the drivers seat where the ABS and FX3 is mounted. I was able to come threw there using the existing wholes for the ABS and or FX3 modules. You have to grab the power off of the battery or you will over heat your amps! I also am running a CAP so my headlights or dash will not dim.
Good Luck, Bob

Quick Reply: '92 Amplifier Power Question (Stereo)...