C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Beware Ecklers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 11:46 PM
LoveallVettes
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware Ecklers!!!

Had a very unfair,unnessecary transaction with Ecklers recently....was doing a mild resto on my 85 and ordered seat foam and leather,$1200.00 cost. Normally pay with plastic,decided on a check on this order,placed order,sent in check. Several days later,ecklers calls me to tell me in a very roundabout way,that my check is no good.

Not that they attempted to clear it,no no,instead they employ a third party company to decide weather or not to accept the check. Brilliant huh?....in the time they took to tell me they wouldnt accept it,they could have deposited the check and cleared it. So,being 53,having several vettes,a clear mortgage on my home,and a high credit score,I protested. This got me nowhere. I insisted on a specific reason why my check was denied.All I got was a scripted answer that it "could have been" yada yada yada,in which they listed all the reasons checks bounce.Could get no furthur. Could get zero explanation/help from E,bottom line,me so done with these jerks.Ended up getting the foam and leather off an ebay vendor for about $800,so in the end,I must thank Ecklers for being such incompetent buffoons....Donny boy,former E customer
Old 04-25-2009, 12:05 AM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

yikes
Old 04-25-2009, 12:22 AM
Pwnage1337
Tech Contributor

Received 188 Likes on 141 Posts

sounds like Ecklers got spanked by the customer
Old 04-25-2009, 12:48 AM
53 Blue Flame
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like Eckler's punched themselves out!!

That's just plain bad business.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:26 AM
cam355aro
Instructor

I got you one better. I ordered several parts from Ecklers recently and got the same day rush processing option. Two weeks later, my order was finally processed and I finally got my merchandise. When it got here, it was the wrong thing so I had to ship it back. I am still waiting for the merchandise to get here.

I NEVER will order from Ecklers again!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:37 AM
jimg's'93
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've ordered from E once and the order was incorrect. No biggie, it was low $ but now I use their site for research only.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:58 AM
LT1CORVETTE
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will never do business with them again. I probably still have the chain of nasty emails trying to actually get my order shipped.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:18 AM
TWISTERUP
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whoops good info.. I was planning on placing an order in the next couple weeks Thanks for the heads up
Old 04-25-2009, 08:41 AM
FOURSPEEDVETTE
Safety Car

Received 224 Likes on 156 Posts

Maybe they now have a foreign nation handling their customer service like so many other American companies. Cheap labor and terrible customer relations. If so, it's only a matter of time before Ecklers goes under because of their own stupidity.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:18 AM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

I have other reasons, but I won't deal with Ecklers either. They still owe me money.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Swift_Striker
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I made an order 2 weeks ago for a door lock harness and switch and I've seen nothing yet, called 4 days ago and they said it was all ready and shipping out next day and promised a tracking number. Got no tracking number but I gave it a few days; maybe they shipped it anyways.

In the end I'll also be staying away from ecklers in the future.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Dudeurgettnavette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Too many stories like that. That's why I stay away from them.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:11 PM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Echlers and Corvette Central are now carrying a lot of Chinese junk, I ordered a door sill and you wouldn't believe the piece of junk they sent.The plastic was rippled so bad out of the mold that the carpet was all lumpy looking and they shipped it anyway. I finally just repaired and used the old piece. Looks like we are going to keep getting more and more Chinese junk from these companys...WW
Old 04-25-2009, 12:38 PM
zeus
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

When i was in auto business I tried to use them as much as possible, but this was better than ten years ago because i felt they were for the corvette owner they are tied in with dealership and so forth. I didnt like Mid America because i felt they could not be for us having so many other lines porsche, vw, etc. I have not used them in a while because of there practices I now prefer to shop out the small independent guy who specializes in corvettes when i cannot go vendor direct. I have just gotten in the mind set of using the small guy, sometimes pay more but would just rather do it that way. Shout out to the guys at ART'S Corvette in bowling green.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Demonic85
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've ordered a few things from MAM, but never Ecklers. Either way you go they're both way overpriced.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:24 PM
jda67gta
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by LoveallVettes
Had a very unfair,unnessecary transaction with Ecklers recently....was doing a mild resto on my 85 and ordered seat foam and leather,$1200.00 cost. Normally pay with plastic,decided on a check on this order,placed order,sent in check. Several days later,ecklers calls me to tell me in a very roundabout way,that my check is no good.

Not that they attempted to clear it,no no,instead they employ a third party company to decide weather or not to accept the check. Brilliant huh?....in the time they took to tell me they wouldnt accept it,they could have deposited the check and cleared it. So,being 53,having several vettes,a clear mortgage on my home,and a high credit score,I protested. This got me nowhere. I insisted on a specific reason why my check was denied.All I got was a scripted answer that it "could have been" yada yada yada,in which they listed all the reasons checks bounce.Could get no furthur. Could get zero explanation/help from E,bottom line,me so done with these jerks.Ended up getting the foam and leather off an ebay vendor for about $800,so in the end,I must thank Ecklers for being such incompetent buffoons....Donny boy,former E customer
Sorry about your experience... Call or go by your bank ASAP and tell them what happened. Banks report to third party check cashing companies, so just be sure there is no error from them that would cause this type of issue.
Too bad about Eklers - wrong time to be jacking with your customers.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:09 PM
LT4POWR
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

they screwed me around many, many years ago...and they won't ever get my business back

Get notified of new replies

To Beware Ecklers!!!

Old 04-25-2009, 03:20 PM
LoveallVettes
Intermediate

So it seems Ecklers has managed to P.O. many in the Corvette Brotherhood besides me.......I hope their management reads this thread,although its too late to get me back and most others it would seem.

Someone mentioned smaller shops.....Thats me from now on..like I said,I found a small,honest operation on ebay and they had my stuff out pronto,at MUCH less $ then E.They try harder,they usually run things themselves and are vette guys,so no lazy schmuck to have to deal with who dosent know a 62 from a 92.

And ya know what?...the foam was nice and firm,fit great and the leather was top shelf with a PERFECT color match to the rest of the interior(red).Forget the name of that little shop I used but Im gunna look it up and post it later here.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:24 PM
M.J.L.
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Been ordering from Ecklers for over 3 years and never a problem. Midamerica totally screwed me over so I have not gone back to them. Ecklers customer service to me was the best I have ever experienced last month. Very strange.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Gary96
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just don't understand the bad customer service these companies are giving with the economy being so bad. I guess they're doing pretty good and didn't need your $1200. I guess not too many people from these companies reads the posts here. I do see Keen Parts and other supporting venders post here from time to time. If they did read a few posts here, they would see how their bad customer service costs them a lot of business from the members that are here. I’ve been buying all of the parts I can from Keen. I can go pick up the parts in person, which I like. They are always very helpful and know what they are talking about. If you need something in the future, you might give Keen a try.

http://www.keenparts.com/