Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Oh, the pleasure of new parts bringing the Vette back from the brink...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 10:45 PM
Steve85
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Oh, the pleasure of new parts bringing the Vette back from the brink...

In the last month I purchased AFS ZR-1 style wheels (17x11 in the rear), new Bilstien shocks, Cross-Bar, new Digi-Dash, rear view mirror, and bushings for the rear control arms. Thursday, I started pulling my car in the shop each day after work and almost everything is in now. HOLY CRAP! This thing is very solid now. I cannot believe how awesome the car feels now. There is no doubt in my mind it's better than new. The previous owner had Koni adjustable (well, sort of, the one's you have to remove, turn and reinstall, like I'm ever going to bother with that) that would rattle your teeth out combined with Z51 springs, it sucked. The ride and handling mix from the Bilstien's is just amazing. It is equivalent to my 90 BMW with superior handling, of course. My dash was completely burned out, as it sits on the desk, you see all the numbers near the bar graphs, almost looks like it's turned on, makes for a cool paper weight. No longer do I have to adjust my mirror after toppling every nook and cranny in the road. I only had about half an hour to work on it tonight so I only replaced one of the bushings. The bushing was completely worn thru, I was able to remove what was left without a single tool. Now if I could just find a Saturday without some sort of family obligation, I could get my Mini-Ram installed, I've had it for three months now, IT'S KILLIN ME, I'M LOOKIN AT IT RIGHT NOW...

Sorry for long "it's all about me" post, I just can't believe how much more I like this car today than the day I bought it 8 months ago. I so enjoy the process of bringing a car back to life...
Old 01-31-2002, 12:56 AM
94VetteFern
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Oh, the pleasure of new parts bringing the Vette back from the brink... (Ski2Tee)

Glad to hear another Vette saved from neglect !
:D

Quick Reply: Oh, the pleasure of new parts bringing the Vette back from the brink...