Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Forum Members- PLEASE Loan me $2k for a Corvette. I have searched 7 agonizing months!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2002, 02:16 PM
fourthrail
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Forum Members- PLEASE Loan me $2k for a Corvette.

Can this guy be for real?
Old 01-23-2002, 02:57 PM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Forum Members- PLEASE Loan me $2k for a Corvette.

Corvette owner = rich. In my case corvette owner = poor. Myself and one of my other car friends are SURE that we are the POOREST students on campus. If you count money owed, I gaurantee it's more than any of the other students. I would love to help you man, but I'm plain broke. I finally got my car with a hella deal worked out with my grandmother. She bought it, financed through her. I still have to pay for it, and I'm glad it is like that. I think if it was given to me I wouldn't appreciate it.

If you've got 26K cash and he doesn't take it? Well you don't want to buy the car from him anyway. When I bought mine he tried to run the price up to like 18K while I was sitting there. I looked him dead in the face and told him. I have 16k, PERIOD. Needless to say they sold it to me.
Old 01-23-2002, 03:48 PM
TA
Team Owner

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

Default Re: Forum Members- PLEASE Loan me $2k for a Corvette. (fourthrail)

Can this guy be for real?
Old 01-23-2002, 04:04 PM
Andy1983
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Forum Members- PLEASE Loan me $2k for a Corvette. (TA)

Was I serious.... not really.

I didn't expect someone to say "here, take $2k". But heck, it was worth a shot. At least I am trying something. I believe that this IS the car, and I am going to wait it out. He started at $31,900 and is now at $29,000. So slowly but surely, it is getting there. Already tried the $26k cash thing, and still a "no". So now I play the waiting game and pray that it doesn't sell.

As for the 2 "I'm with stupid" signs... that is pretty immature I would I have to admit. I don't bash people's posts or thoughts, and definately wouldn't name call. But that is just me.

Andy
Old 01-23-2002, 04:19 PM
VetteBabe1
Safety Car

Default Re: Forum Members- PLEASE Loan me $2k for a Corvette. (Andy1983)

Yes, Leeland, I am listening (women ALWAYS know :))...have to say he is good about helping me with my car. I am college student so I don't have a job (other than training horses). When I bought my 87, I saved $5000 in like 2 years, starting at age 15. My parents got a loan for me that I had to pay to get the rest of the money to buy it. And I paid cash for this yellow car too. It feels good when you do it all yourself. :cheers:
Old 01-23-2002, 05:57 PM
Hurricane_777
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Forum Members- PLEASE Loan me $2k for a Corvette. (VetteBabe1)

Would you have taken it had someone offered?
Old 01-23-2002, 08:19 PM
Getaway
Drifting

Default Re: Forum Members- PLEASE Loan me $2k for a Corvette. (Hurricane_777)

Dude, if you spend all your money on the car, how are you going to afford insurance, maintainance, fuel, mod-fever???? :confused:
Old 01-23-2002, 08:32 PM
Andy1983
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Forum Members- PLEASE Loan me $2k for a Corvette. (Getaway)

Heck ya, wouldnt you? :D

Dude, if you spend all your money on the car, how are you going to afford insurance, maintainance, fuel, mod-fever???? :confused:
Dad- Insurance
Dad- Fuel (we call it gas around here :) )
Maintainance- 13,700 miles, so hopefully it won't be till a couple of months untill I need to do anything to bad?
Mods- Gotta re-save up that cash. First thing- a $2750 exhaust system consisting of Ceramic Coated Hooker Super Comp. Long tube Headers, 2 3" Carsound High-flow Cats, and 3" B*B Tri-flow Cat-back. :yesnod:

:cheers: :cheers:
Old 01-23-2002, 08:41 PM
FastZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Dad- Insurance
Dad- Fuel (we call it gas around here :) )
Maintainance- 13,700 miles, so hopefully it won't be till a couple of months untill I need to do anything to bad?
Mods- Gotta re-save up that cash. First thing- a $2750 exhaust system consisting of Ceramic Coated Hooker Super Comp. Long tube Headers, 2 3" Carsound High-flow Cats, and 3" B*B Tri-flow Cat-back. :yesnod:

:cheers: :cheers:
You go Man....
I wish I was in your situation. Heck all you need is 2K and then Dad has a new vette.
Good luck, and don't waste all your Dad's money.
Old 01-23-2002, 08:42 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Dad- Insurance
You have to be kidding me. You are going to dump $26k into a car, and expect your dad to pay for your insurance? For cryin' out loud get a 20k vette and pay for ALL OF THE THINGS by yourself.
Old 01-23-2002, 09:27 PM
StealDads67
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Forum Members- PLEASE Loan me $2k for a Corvette. (scorp508)

I hear that sorp. , You are 18 Im gussing from the 1983 name, i dont think you really need ths car just yet if you dont have the moeny for it, you have 26 grand in your lap, find somthing nice for little less and make it your own with the extra money.
Old 01-23-2002, 09:36 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Default Re: Forum Members- PLEASE Loan me $2k for a Corvette. (StealDads67)

i dont think you really need ths car just yet if you dont have the moeny for it
Yeah, it won't kill you to work through spring. Keep looking around.
Old 01-23-2002, 09:47 PM
smokeyburnouts
Burning Brakes

hey, im a college student and i saved up and bought a sweet 92 LT1 for 12grand. Im sure with 26g's, u can find a suitable car, i earn/pay for everything i have (insurance, gas, mods ect...)and my car is my dream car, so if u have this money, 26grand should get u one sweet ride, u could prob get an older ZR1, so i dont understand what is so great about this one u r lookin at. anyway, good luck. -AJ :U
Old 01-23-2002, 11:00 PM
zyal8r
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: Forum Members- PLEASE Loan me $2k for a Corvette. (VetteBabe1)

It feels good when you do it all yourself.
I could not agree more! (*nice* car by the way... kinda looks familiar :) )

I don't talk much about what I've given up to have my car, but it's mine and knowing that I've worked for all these years for it (I'm 24) makes me feel really good! No one has paid a dime into my car except for me. Payments, insurance, gas, maintenance, you name it, I'm a-payin' for it! And I've paid my own college expenses ("this" close to finishing my Master's degree in Computer Science... just gotta write a thesis).

Andy, I really hope you can find a way to get that car. A bank loan is really a good idea, I know you said it was not an option, but it would help to establish some credit, which is a good thing! Just food for thought.

Good luck :seeya

Mike
Old 01-23-2002, 11:25 PM
Andy1983
Burning Brakes

You have to be kidding me. You are going to dump $26k into a car, and expect your dad to pay for your insurance? For cryin' out loud get a 20k vette and pay for ALL OF THE THINGS by yourself.
Hell no. Why buy my own insurance when my dad can? I know it sounds bad... but paying for my insurance doesnt really give me a natural high. While I am a full time student, and my dad has offered to do these things (he has the finances too), I will take him up on it.

My dad always said that he will match half of what I have in the bank. So I am at $13k + his $13k. I am $2k short. technically though, I am 1k short. My dad is obviously a really cool person, and that is why I love him.... not because he raised me, but because he is buying me a vette! :D (juuuuust kidding Pop!)

and my car is my dream car, so if u have this money, 26grand should get u one sweet ride, u could prob get an older ZR1, so i dont understand what is so great about this one u r lookin at. anyway, good luck. -AJ
It is my dream car. My favorite colors- Red/black/black. Plus, I 100% want a convertible (you just cant beat those!) And the LT4 is the best engine you can get in a conv.

I will get this on my own, it will just take some time. I am just getting impatient thats all. Just using the forum to vent :)

Andy
Old 01-23-2002, 11:36 PM
2HIP4U
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: Forum Members- PLEASE Loan me $2k for a Corvette. (zyal8r)

Another perspective if I may: Many of us on this forum enjoy
sports I'm sure. There are professional baseball players who
could buy a new C5 each and every time they face a pitcher,
(even if they foul out on one pitch). Some football players
could accomplish this in one quarter of play or some basketball
players with one period of play.

I too had to save for a year to slip the cost of my dream into
a middle-class American budget, and I wasn't financially secure
enough to even try until I breeched the half century mark.
It was easy to pass up those tickets to sporting events when
a Ruby Vette was out there somewhere waiting for me.

:seeya
Old 01-23-2002, 11:39 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

I know it sounds bad... but paying for my insurance doesnt really give me a natural high.
You think any of us enjoy it? It is part of life. I wouldn't be dropping 26k into a car while a fulltime student anyways. Dream car or not. Put it in the bank and invest with it for a few more years. The same car will be around and cheaper when you're done.

And always always always leave money leftover for when things break. It's not "if" with these cars, it is when.

Get notified of new replies

To Forum Members- PLEASE Loan me $2k for a Corvette. I have searched 7 agonizing months!

Old 01-24-2002, 12:28 AM
TA
Team Owner

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

As for the 2 "I'm with stupid" signs... that is pretty immature I would I have to admit. I don't bash people's posts or thoughts, and definately wouldn't name call. But that is just me.

Andy
Damn, now I won't be able to sleep tonight knowing that some 18 yr old who is moaning about being 2K short for a $28,000 car thinks I'm immature. :rolleyes:

[Modified by TA, 11:29 PM 1/23/2002]
Old 01-24-2002, 12:30 AM
Justin1984
Drifting

100%. At 18 I would take $6k aside and max out an IRA for the next 3 years. Then I would go to the bank and talk to their investment rep and find out how to turn that $7k (cuz u said half of the 26K was ur dad's) into a small fortune. Then when you graduate and get a job, I would liquidate the investment and find a sweet ride (except for the IRA, of course). You'll have the car and that $6k will be worth about $550k when you retire.

don't be stupid and put it into a savings, though...those accoounts are probably doing about..what..2.25%.??..talk to your Pop..if he's well off he probably knows how your money can be invested wisely.

[Modified by Justin1984, 4:33 AM 1/24/2002]
Old 01-24-2002, 01:02 AM
Hurricane_777
Le Mans Master

Just curious if you would have taken it, because you said you weren't serious about the request. :chevy

Quick Reply: Forum Members- PLEASE Loan me $2k for a Corvette. I have searched 7 agonizing months!