Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Bose radio help

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 09:50 AM
XQIZT
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not for nothing...but those Bose speakers have been baking in your car for over 17 years. I'd say they are just old and tired. No amount of replacement and restoration of the other parts is going to fix the actual material of the speakers.
When I replaced my head unit with a non-bose unit, I also yanked the rear speakers and added an amp to the drivers rear storage compartment. 6x9's fit nicely and thats all the sound you really need...even with the top off. By replacing all that, you by-pass all of the Bose parts and have a decent new stereo. Just an alternate suggestion, because Bose was good at the time, but I think it's time has passed.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:23 PM
windhorse
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose help

Thanks for all your help.
I took out the amp-tuner from under the passenger side dash and sent it off to Dr. Don's. I shared with him the symptoms and he suggested to send it to him and he will test it. As it turns our that was the problem and I just put the new one from Dr. Don's and it works great!! Thanks for all your help and suggestions. Remember, the symptoms were soon after I would turn on the radio (a minute or so) there would be a loud pop and the music would turn to static. I hope this can help anyone who has these symptoms check the amp tuner before anything else.
Thanks,
Windhorse

Quick Reply: Bose radio help