Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 05:10 PM
nx-01
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9vette4
They are very nicely shaped. i love looking down at the shape of
the hood sometimes as im driving.
9vette4, I agree, looking down the hood between the left edge, then dipping slightly, then coming to a slight raise to the middle of the hood. Ahhh paradise is in the simple things.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:11 PM
nx-01
Advanced

Originally Posted by StealthLT4
I think you hit the nail on the head right there.

except for big-assed C5's....
Old 10-07-2008, 05:36 PM
FOURSPEEDVETTE
Safety Car

Received 224 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by edlakesider
I agree ! they are nice looking. Why are they so hard to sale ? Unless you give them away. Why are the early ones hated so much in this forum?
I don't think they are hated all that much on this forum. If you notice any bashing on them is done by the same maybe three or four idiots all the time. When you read any hateful comments on them, look at who is writing them. Those people write those ridiculous insulting comments on the C4 all the time. I can't figure out what the h-ll they are even on this forum for. Maybe they are on forums for their minivans and riceburners also. Maybe one day they will understand that most of us on this forum are here because we like our Vettes and may need others useful info or suggestions with our cars. As far as being hard to sell, I don't see it. C4's seem to sell very quickly in my area.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:10 PM
lilredc4
Instructor

I agree with nx-01, I love to go to the garage and look at the shape of the C4. It is the first vett I have owned and I can't get over the feel of driving it on twisting roads. I do like the C5 & C6, but I think the C4 is more of a drivers car. The others seem to be more plush and stylish, with a big ****!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Gonzo
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by FOURSPEEDVETTE
I don't think they are hated all that much on this forum. If you notice any bashing on them is done by the same maybe three or four idiots all the time. When you read any hateful comments on them, look at who is writing them. Those people write those ridiculous insulting comments on the C4 all the time. I can't figure out what the h-ll they are even on this forum for. Maybe they are on forums for their minivans and riceburners also. Maybe one day they will understand that most of us on this forum are here because we like our Vettes and may need others useful info or suggestions with our cars. As far as being hard to sell, I don't see it. C4's seem to sell very quickly in my area.

I have both a C4 and a C5, and not for nothing but could own a C6. Bottom line sold my C4 for the 04 Z, which I love, but ended up adding another C4. My wife and I both like it better. Given the choice, the C4 is the one we fight over driving.

As for those who bash the C4 they are not true Vette guys, I appreciate every generation. They all have something, but my C4 has something very special.

I think if alot of you guys ended up in a C5 or whichever, you would be like me and miss that unique fit and driving experience of the C4. My first was a DD for well over 100k, with a six speed. It was great, of course the 4.11 rear really made it alot of fun to drive
Old 10-10-2008, 12:32 PM
edlakesider
Instructor

Originally Posted by FOURSPEEDVETTE
well put . Central Florida market not doing to good on the selling of c4's Unless you ask $5000 for one that is in great shape.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:23 PM
93c4matt
Racer

Originally Posted by 9vette4
They are very nicely shaped. i love looking down at the shape of
the hood sometimes as im driving.
If you cant look down that hood line while you are driving and not smile, sell the car, buy a gun, and just get it over with.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Danbo
Instructor

Originally Posted by edlakesider
well put . Central Florida market not doing to good on the selling of c4's Unless you ask $5000 for one that is in great shape.
I've noticed that C4's are not "valued" in places where it's common to
see true exotics on the street. Where I live, you only see lambos on
posters, in the rooms of teenaged boys. Consequently, the C4 is
perceived to be somewhat prestigious.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:59 PM
LT4POWR
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sadly a lot of C3 and C4 cars/owners get grouped into this stereotype...
Old 10-10-2008, 04:56 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

All vettes rule

Quick Reply: The C4 Is A Beautiful Machine...