Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Need advise on replacement seats...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 12:16 PM
rementis
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need advise on replacement seats...

Hi All,

I recently purchased a 96 LT1 and there are what I think are c5 seats installed in it. They look nice but sit too high. I have decided to bite the bullet and buy c4 seats. For 94-96 seats Eckler's requires you send them the frame and they recover it. I don't have the c4 frames, so my question to you guys is can I buy 93 seats and bolt them in? Will the power seat controls still work?

I found a set of perfect 96 seats on ebay, but for $100 or so more I can get brand new 93's shipped to me, so I'm hoping they fit in my car easily.

Thanks in advance for your advise!

Below is a pic of the seats that are in my car right now.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:23 PM
rickneworleansla
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rementis
Hi All,

I recently purchased a 96 LT1 and there are what I think are c5 seats installed in it. They look nice but sit too high. I have decided to bite the bullet and buy c4 seats. For 94-96 seats Eckler's requires you send them the frame and they recover it. I don't have the c4 frames, so my question to you guys is can I buy 93 seats and bolt them in? Will the power seat controls still work?

I found a set of perfect 96 seats on ebay, but for $100 or so more I can get brand new 93's shipped to me, so I'm hoping they fit in my car easily.

Thanks in advance for your advise!

Below is a pic of the seats that are in my car right now.

Are you sure those are C5 seats? Maybe the previous owner had custom covers installed. The shape looks exactly like later C4 standard seats. Here's mine with IGGEE covers in my 95.

Mine seem to sit just a little bit higher now also because they are covering the factory skins and there is padding underneath.

Last edited by rickneworleansla; 09-18-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:33 PM
rementis
Instructor

Thanks so much for the reply and pics!

So, I probably do have c4 frames. Probably be better financially to get new seats and sell these instead of having these recovered again. The way they are now they are not very comfortable, they sit too high and you don't sit "in" them.

As for my original question, can anyone tell me if I can order '93 seats and bolt them right into my '96? Any effect on the power seat tracks/buttons?
Old 09-18-2008, 05:40 PM
mac85
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are yours leather? If so I'd like first chance on them if you decide to sell them. (assuming you do have C4 frames) I may be interested even if they're not leather.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:54 PM
mac85
Advanced

Rementis,
As I look a bit closer, If those are C4 frames, the installer DID place them over the C4 seat backs. You may not be able to remove them without damage..I really didn't see that at first. To bad they don't sit well for you as they look good.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:07 PM
rementis
Instructor

I'll keep you in mind if they become available for sale.

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2008, 10:00 AM
RandyJ75
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

First question, do the console controls for the seats work? If the seats sit too high, try to remove the bottom cushion, and then remove the straps that support the cushion. This will lower the cushion when you sit on them, should solve your problem.

Randy
Old 09-19-2008, 01:43 PM
rementis
Instructor

The console controls for the seats do work.

If I remove the straps, aren't I going to break the seat that way?
Old 09-22-2008, 04:16 AM
RandyJ75
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

The console controls for the seats do work.

If I remove the straps, aren't I going to break the seat that way?
No, they will not break. Many people have removed the straps, including me, and no problems at all.

Randy
Old 09-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Lichen
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want to meet up sometime, we can try swapping one of my "93 seats into your car. It takes about 5-10 minutes.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Rimcrew
Pro

As for my original question, can anyone tell me if I can order '93 seats and bolt them right into my '96? Any effect on the power seat tracks/buttons?
I think they will bolt right in and the switch for the power seats will work; however, it looks like you have sport seats - at least it looks like you have a sport seat switch. This is different in a '93.

I would stay with what you have as I like the '94 and up seats better. But if you like the '93's, I'm sure they could be made to work. It just depends on how much time and money you want to put into them...

Get notified of new replies

To Need advise on replacement seats...

Quick Reply: Need advise on replacement seats...