C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Starting Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 11:23 AM
IceDazzlr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting Problems

My 1994 Vette has always started at the turn of the key. But yesterday I got into it and tried to start it and it would not start immediately. When I did get it started it acted like the engine was flooded and running in 7 cylnders but it wouldn't hold an idle. I could smell a lot of fuel. Is this an airflow problem and how can I check to see if it is the air intake flow body.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:55 AM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by IceDazzlr
My 1994 Vette has always started at the turn of the key. But yesterday I got into it and tried to start it and it would not start immediately. When I did get it started it acted like the engine was flooded and running in 7 cylnders but it wouldn't hold an idle. I could smell a lot of fuel. Is this an airflow problem and how can I check to see if it is the air intake flow body.
sounds more like multec injector failure. Typical symtoms of a leaky injector, dead injector or a stuck injector, does it clear up at all once its runnig?. Do an ohm check on the coils they all should be over 12ohms.
then check the fuel pressure in the rail after shutdown. Do the ohm check first and post the results.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:53 PM
frank842
Heel & Toe

I had a similar problem with my 91, it turned out to be the fuel pressure regulator , which went bad it was hard starting,cause it was flooded, and also smelled gas., went away for a few days and came back there was about 3 gallons of gas on garage floor.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:40 AM
IceDazzlr
Intermediate

I don't know your name, but if I could shake your hand I would. You are an asset to this forum and I am so glad you were patient enough to help a guy like me who didn't know much about the mechanics of his Vette. I hope everyone gets the chance to read this and takes your advice seriously. I learned a lot from you and you diagnosed my problem correctly right from the get-go. It turned out to be the fuel pressure regulator that was causing all my problems. It took me all but 15 minutes to change it out and the car runs fabulous. I hope you are still around the next time I have another proble. Thanks so much!!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Starting Problems

Quick Reply: Starting Problems