C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

What is the best Wax/Polish

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2001, 03:15 AM
GoNavy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best Wax/Polish

I just got my first Vette not long ago and would like to know what the best Wax or Polish is, I have heard Zymoil is good also Meguires or Mothers, what have you had the best luck with ??? :flag
Old 12-22-2001, 03:29 AM
Kale
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: What is the best Wax/Polish (GoNavy)

3 people will chime in that are die hard meguiars fans
then 2 Zymol fans
then a random Liquid Glass user
then about 30 people are going to come in and send you off searching for something called "ZAINO"

I'm psychic... ;)
Old 12-22-2001, 04:05 AM
dmalhi1
Melting Slicks

shrug like buddy boy smash just said
most of these guys on the forum are big on zaino i've never used the stuff nor have i seen it around there for i don't really care for it i want wax to be there when i need it so i stick to emerald series turtle wax at the moment but i will move onto meguiars once its finished.... just get wax that is convenient to buy not a hassle.

now i know some of you are reading my post out there and are ready to start a flame-fest alright go ahead but like i said.... for me i don't know how to get zaino and i don't want to pay too much for a wax polish thinga-ma-jiggy that has to be shipped to me its like heck if the local car shop doesn't have to hell with zaino. maybe the zaino brothers are reading this and will start shipping their products to the bigger carshops and carcare aisles of department stores here in the great white north.

thanks this has yet again been another episode of my $0.02 :jester
Old 12-22-2001, 07:59 AM
CowboyNVette
Le Mans Master

Default Re: What is the best Wax/Polish (dmalhi1)

most of these guys on the forum are big on zaino i've never used the stuff nor have i seen it around there for i don't really care for it i want wax to be there when i need it so i stick to emerald series turtle wax at the moment but i will move onto meguiars once its finished.... just get wax that is convenient to buy not a hassle.

now i know some of you are reading my post out there and are ready to start a flame-fest alright go ahead but like i said.... for me i don't know how to get zaino and i don't want to pay too much for a wax polish thinga-ma-jiggy that has to be shipped to me its like heck if the local car shop doesn't have to hell with zaino. maybe the zaino brothers are reading this and will start shipping their products to the bigger carshops and carcare aisles of department stores here in the great white north.

Nope, that ain't gonna happen or at least Sal said he wouldn't because if he sold it that way, the product would have to be mass produced and he couldn't be sure of the product as he is now. As far as getting Zaino..You can get it 3 ways: 1. Order it directly from www.zainobros.com 2. Order from your Zaino distributor in your area 3. Order it from www.ecklers.com

I am not a distributor nor do i get paid in anyway by Zaino, I just feel that when i joined the CorvetteForum the people were nice enough to inform me about the best car polish I have ever used and I try to do the same for people that ask me.

If you need to find out who your local distributor is go to the Car Care Section and just ask. You never know, it may just be a neighbor of yours.
Old 12-22-2001, 08:01 AM
MY 95
Team Owner

CI 2-3-4-5-6-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

Default Re: What is the best Wax/Polish (dmalhi1)

how can you not care for it if you have never used it??? you can order it and have it delivered so its not an issue. It is by fr better than mcguiars IMO. As for $$, its a bigger initial outlay, but cheaper in the long run. My last bottle of Z2 cost about $10 and I got at least 15 coats out of it. Thanks my $.02
Old 12-22-2001, 08:50 AM
Springer's LT4
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Default Re: What is the best Wax/Polish (My 95)

I run down to the local boat shop... get a bottle of the best protectant and polish they got... wax the car and it's good to go for 3 months or so. Local vette owner here recommended it and needless to say, I've been impressed with it. Water just rolls off the car and bugs come off with a light hosing.

Now if I had a dark color car.. I'd prolly try Zanio myself.
Old 12-22-2001, 08:56 AM
04Z16
Melting Slicks

CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

I did the Meguiars trip for 22 years. I can honestly say I have never used a polish that is easier to apply or lasts as long as Zaino. When I first bought my car the white stripe was showing the usual signs of wax buildup and had a slight yellow from all of the old wax. Not anything major but for a good hard up close look you could see it. Well after the first coat of Zaino I am hooked! I even used it on the Impala after the dog jumped up on the trunk and scratched it. I was quoted almost $350 to fix the trunk but all it took was one coat of the Z-5 and you can't even see the scratches from his paws! Each person has their own preference so look around at a few different cars and compare notes.
Just my .02 worth.
Old 12-22-2001, 09:51 AM
joecaver
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

I have been very happy with Mothers. Goes on and comes off very easy and has a good shine that lasts.
Old 12-22-2001, 11:08 AM
24power
Racer

Dura-Gloss and mirror glaze for me!!!!!! :yesnod:
Old 12-22-2001, 12:16 PM
69-912
Advanced

Default Re: What is the best Wax/Polish (96GrandSport)

96GrandSport: Thats an awesome Sig pic!
Old 12-22-2001, 12:19 PM
69-912
Advanced

Oh yea almost forgot. My favorite wax is Pinnacle Souveran.
http://members.tripod.com/el1snako/id77.htm

Old 12-22-2001, 01:34 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Default Re: What is the best Wax/Polish (Smash)

3 people will chime in that are die hard meguiars fans
then 2 Zymol fans
then a random Liquid Glass user
then about 30 people are going to come in and send you off searching for something called "ZAINO"

I'm psychic... ;)

...or psychotic?(j/k)... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...everytime this subject comes up...and it comes up alot...Kale/Vash/Smash and I "communicate" about it......All he had to tell me was to go to the website..."www.thewaxtest.com"...and he wouldnt have had to "yap" so much... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...all I needed was a little "real proof"... :yesnod: :lol: ...read this site thoroughly and you might be able to choose the "best" protectant on the market... :cheers: :D :D
Old 12-22-2001, 01:38 PM
69-912
Advanced

If you want to learn about the advantages and disadvantages of different waxes then just go over to:
http://www.autopia-carport.com/ForumIndex.htm

Read for a little while and you will see that the debate almost always comes down to:

Zaino - Pinnacle - Meguairs - Klasse

And Pinnacle or Zaino wins 98% of the time.

Old 12-22-2001, 04:55 PM
Shawn93PoloConv
Racer

Default Re: What is the best Wax/Polish (69-912)

I use Zaino. I used to use Meguiars Gold and also tried their boat wax too. Zaino lasts longer, leaves a mirror shine, looks deep, and water runs off it. The initial application is a 2 step process but is worth the extra effort. :yesnod:
Old 12-22-2001, 08:28 PM
SLICKMAN
Melting Slicks

Default Re: What is the best Wax/Polish (Shawn93PoloConv)

Okay guys, how many times have we been down this road? To each his own, mine will stay with the best wax I have found (and I have spent about $450 on trying them out), ZAINO!!!!!!!!!! :smash: :smash: :D
Old 12-23-2001, 03:28 AM
GoNavy
Intermediate

Default Re: What is the best Wax/Polish (1991C4)

Thanks for all the great feedback, after doing some research and reading through a butt ton of forums all over, I have nothing to loose by going with Zaino :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To What is the best Wax/Polish

Quick Reply: What is the best Wax/Polish