C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Pos. battery cable for 89?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Frodo
Melting Slicks

Received 586 Likes on 266 Posts

Default Pos. battery cable for 89?

The side mount positive battery cable on my 89 is in sad shape so I decided to replace it. No luck finding a direct replacement at the local parts store so I went to the source, the local Chevy dealer. He had 2 part numbers but neither was a direct replacement. He suggested I take one of his and cut it, and cut my own harness, and patch the two together to make something that would work. Cut my own harness?? Never! Does anyone know where a direct replacement for my cable can be found? Thanks.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:53 PM
kize
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have a factory part #?? I purchased mine from gmpartsdirect.com. If you are interested in a part #, pm me-I might be able to look one up.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Frodo
Melting Slicks

Received 586 Likes on 266 Posts

Thanks kise. I've been to gmpartsdirect, they list a part number for a cable but don't offer a picture. After seeing 2 different parts, both from a Chevy dealer, both listed in his parts computer as being for my 89 Vette, and both different and wrong, I'm skeptical of ordering a part that I can't see an example of. I would think the dealer's parts come from the same source as gmpartsdirect. The cables the dealer provided look like a generic replacement that has to be modified before installation. Thanks again. I'll keep looking.

Get notified of new replies

To Pos. battery cable for 89?

Quick Reply: Pos. battery cable for 89?